Windows 10: Microsoft Verification

Discus and support Microsoft Verification in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Personal Verification Problem: I changed my Phone Number Land Line . I went into my Account & changed to my new phone number . When asked to verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBallinger2, May 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Verification

Personal Verification Problem:

I changed my Phone Number Land Line .

I went into my Account & changed to my new phone number .

When asked to verify I am me, it continues to use my old number, I recognize the last 2 numbers.

So, a wrong number is used and I don't have a text phone to send me a verification code.

Microsoft used to use a landline phone number to send a verification code.

It is senseless for me incur the expense of a textphone to rarely contact only Microsoft.

How can I remedy this?

Thank You.

:)

MichaelBallinger2, May 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 6, 2020
  3. microsoft account verification

Hi Cis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The issue could be due to some suspicious activity on the computer. I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link and see if that helps.

About two-step verification

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Verification

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Verification

1. Microsoft Verification - Similar Threads - Microsoft Verification

2. Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent: I recently reached out to the Microsoft Support Team regarding a persistent black screen error on my Windows 11 system. Despite efforts, the issue remained unresolved. Subsequently, I received an email from 'Microsoft Escalation Support Communication' with an email domain...
  3. Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent: I recently reached out to the Microsoft Support Team regarding a persistent black screen error on my Windows 11 system. Despite efforts, the issue remained unresolved. Subsequently, I received an email from 'Microsoft Escalation Support Communication' with an email domain...
  4. I'm not receiving verification code for the Microsoft account mail to get the Bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not receiving verification code for the Microsoft account mail to get the Bitlocker...: When I signed in to get Bitlocker recovery password,the verification code that will send to my mail isn't received yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-receiving-verification-code-for-the/75ba9e11-a3c5-4e1c-8f67-6dd0d10c60b2
  5. I'm not receiving verification code for the Microsoft account mail to get the Bitlocker...

I'm not receiving verification code for the Microsoft account mail to get the Bitlocker...: When I signed in to get Bitlocker recovery password,the verification code that will send to my mail isn't received yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-receiving-verification-code-for-the/75ba9e11-a3c5-4e1c-8f67-6dd0d10c60b2
  6. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?: I have a few email addresses that I occasionally use on Microsoft websites. One I have defined as a personal account and it works fine. The others I defined as associated with my company. Those stopped working due to the authenticator app. If I try to add them to the...
  7. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?: I have a few email addresses that I occasionally use on Microsoft websites. One I have defined as a personal account and it works fine. The others I defined as associated with my company. Those stopped working due to the authenticator app. If I try to add them to the...
  8. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?

Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?: I reccently updated the bios of my PC. It reset the pin code to login prompting to enter my password and get SMS verification. I know the phone number is correct, i used it to set up the account when i installed windiws 11. However, when i give the correct details it won't...
  10. Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?: I reccently updated the bios of my PC. It reset the pin code to login prompting to enter my password and get SMS verification. I know the phone number is correct, i used it to set up the account when i installed windiws 11. However, when i give the correct details it won't...