Windows 10: Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

Discus and support Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, I'm currently using Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops in a multi-session host environment and I'm trying to create a default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen Lloyd sl, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

Dear All,

I'm currently using Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops in a multi-session host environment and I'm trying to create a default desktop profile for all my staff to use upon logon.

I'm logged on as a domain admin user, and using the change user /install & execute method to install applications and program settings, but what is the best method for the allowing the programs to accept the settings - Should I create a local user instead and make these changes?

As when I test this with domain user account non admins, all the settings I have changed are not present in my test users logon profile.

Trying to avoid having to manually change all staff profiles when they logon to the system.

Your advice would be grateful, and please excuse if this is in the wrong community.

:)

Stephen Lloyd sl, Apr 6, 2020

2. microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Sayan,

I too, had uninstalled the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter, since I was unable to create a hotspot from the computer. After restarting, I was hoping for the adapter to be visible/present in the device manager, as it happens when we
    uninstall a USB Controller.

However, after restarting, the adapter is not seen in the Network adapters list, and also not found under the
    Other list, as you suggested above. This was checked after enabling view for hidden devices. Also, there is
    no yellow alert symbol near any adapter.

I have also restored the computer to an earlier restore point, but the adapter is still not seen !

Since, the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter itself is not found in the list, there is no way to update the driver software for it.

Hotspot creation has worked for me many times since I've upgraded to Windows 10, and I need it to keep working as before.

Request you to help !

Thank you.

Also, Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is not associated with a hardware, is it ?

ArtiShelar, Apr 6, 2020
  3. how to install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hello Jiaqi,

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter device in Windows.

We would like to know the device status of the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter in the

Device Manager
    settings.

Unknown and uninstalled devices will be listed under
    Other. The device will have a yellow alert symbol on it. The properties for the device will show that
    no driver was found.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Network Adapter option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

If you don't find the requisite drivers installed, follow the below steps to install the drivers.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the 'Network Adapter'
      drivers, right click on it and then select "Update Driver Software'.
    • Then select the option 'Browse my computer for driver software '>>
      'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computers'.
    • Now uncheck the option 'Show compatible hardware'.
    • Under the Manufacturer select Microsoft and search for 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter'
      under Model.
    • Now follow the on screen instructions.

Write to us with the updated status on the issue related to Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter configuration. If the issue still persists, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to install the drivers back and check if this helps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the 'Network Adapter'
      drivers, right click on it and then select "Update Driver Software'.
    • Then select the option 'Browse my computer for driver software '>>
      'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computers'.
    • Now uncheck the option 'Show compatible hardware'.
    • Under the Manufacturer select Microsoft and search for 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter'
      under Model.
    • Now follow the on screen instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

1. Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool - Similar Threads - Microsoft Virtual Desktop

2. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  3. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  4. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: As mentioned in this thread, I have the same problem. How do I force my VGA on my host computer running Windows 11 Pro! I don't want to waste my VGA when working with my host PC on RDP remote desktop. The old thread below is not useful....
  6. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: As mentioned in this thread, I have the same problem. How do I force my VGA on my host computer running Windows 11 Pro! I don't want to waste my VGA when working with my host PC on RDP remote desktop. The old thread below is not useful....
  7. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  8. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  9. Windows 10 Multi-Session - Azure Windows Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Multi-Session - Azure Windows Virtual Desktop: Anyone experienced an issue with WVD VMs running Windows 10 Multi-Session where on login other startup Apps load slower than they should and OneDrive takes several minutes before it loads and starts running? Once it starts running its fine, but its taking a long time. Also,...
  10. SMBv3 multi sessions problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMBv3 multi sessions problem: Hi Some Windows 10 PC connected to the Dell EMC NAS server, and I found some windows 10 PCs do not run multi-session to download or upload the file from the Dell EMC NAS server. I check my windows 10 settings support 4 ConnectionCountPerRssNetworkInterface, but do not...