Windows 10: Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004

Discus and support Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, Before this upgrade I had no problems with my mobile hotspot. Now, since the upgrade I can no longer have a hosted network. The event in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebyLa Rubia Mireya, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004

Hey all,

Before this upgrade I had no problems with my mobile hotspot. Now, since the upgrade I can no longer have a hosted network. The event in the driver is "device not migrated". My wifi adapter is the most recent from Intel. I have delete, reinstalled, and it still does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Deby

:)

DebyLa Rubia Mireya, Aug 12, 2020

2. microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Sayan,

I too, had uninstalled the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter, since I was unable to create a hotspot from the computer. After restarting, I was hoping for the adapter to be visible/present in the device manager, as it happens when we
    uninstall a USB Controller.

However, after restarting, the adapter is not seen in the Network adapters list, and also not found under the
    Other list, as you suggested above. This was checked after enabling view for hidden devices. Also, there is
    no yellow alert symbol near any adapter.

I have also restored the computer to an earlier restore point, but the adapter is still not seen !

Since, the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter itself is not found in the list, there is no way to update the driver software for it.

Hotspot creation has worked for me many times since I've upgraded to Windows 10, and I need it to keep working as before.

Request you to help !

Thank you.

Also, Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is not associated with a hardware, is it ?

ArtiShelar, Aug 12, 2020
  3. how to install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hello Jiaqi,

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter device in Windows.

We would like to know the device status of the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter in the

Device Manager
    settings.

Unknown and uninstalled devices will be listed under
    Other. The device will have a yellow alert symbol on it. The properties for the device will show that
    no driver was found.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Network Adapter option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

If you don't find the requisite drivers installed, follow the below steps to install the drivers.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the 'Network Adapter'
      drivers, right click on it and then select "Update Driver Software'.
    • Then select the option 'Browse my computer for driver software '>>
      'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computers'.
    • Now uncheck the option 'Show compatible hardware'.
    • Under the Manufacturer select Microsoft and search for 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter'
      under Model.
    • Now follow the on screen instructions.

Write to us with the updated status on the issue related to Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter configuration. If the issue still persists, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004

microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to install the drivers back and check if this helps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the 'Network Adapter'
      drivers, right click on it and then select "Update Driver Software'.
    • Then select the option 'Browse my computer for driver software '>>
      'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computers'.
    • Now uncheck the option 'Show compatible hardware'.
    • Under the Manufacturer select Microsoft and search for 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter'
      under Model.
    • Now follow the on screen instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004

1. Microsoft virtual network adapter not migrated with 2004 - Similar Threads - Microsoft virtual network

2. Virtual network adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual network adapter not working: Virtual network adapter not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-network-adapter-not-working/f6d684be-6676-4dd0-8050-a078cd0e7a12
  3. Virtual network adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual network adapter not working: Virtual network adapter not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-network-adapter-not-working/f6d684be-6676-4dd0-8050-a078cd0e7a12
  4. Virtual Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Network Adapter: My Windows 11 laptop will no longer connect to Wi-Fi. It says "You're connected using a virtual network adapter that we can't test." I have restarted my laptop and rebooted the modem, neither worked. Any help on what to do next?...
  5. Virtual Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Network Adapter: My Windows 11 laptop will no longer connect to Wi-Fi. It says "You're connected using a virtual network adapter that we can't test." I have restarted my laptop and rebooted the modem, neither worked. Any help on what to do next?...
  6. Missing Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter: I've been trying to create a mobile hotspot using my PC so I can connect other devices, but have run into an issue: the Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is missing from the Device manager. My version of windows is the latest, last checked for updates as per a few...
  7. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How...: hi Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is not found in my laptop network adapters. How do i get it ? I am using window 10.when i check Device Manager hosted network not showing and also not showing any wifi setting...
  8. 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' does not exist in network adapter tree

'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' does not exist in network adapter tree: Hello, I have tried finding a solution to finding a driver download for this virtual network adapter but there is none except for the 2007 version. I checked the hidden devices, enabled internet sharing through my ethernet connection, and I cannot enable my personal wifi...
  9. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing: hello , the title pretty much says it all. i cant create a virtual wifi network using this command netsh wlan start hostednetwork (the "set" command works) the solution is to enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter which is missing , and yes i tried to show...
  10. Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled: The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine): netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME...