Windows 10: Microsoft Virus Defender

Discus and support Microsoft Virus Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I did a scan and my Microsoft Defender says that there are two viruses as seen in the picture below. When I go to start an action, it filled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrightPopz, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Virus Defender

So, I did a scan and my Microsoft Defender says that there are two viruses as seen in the picture below. When I go to start an action, it filled automatically Manual Action Required. I switch it to Remove for both of them, click start action, and they are not removed. How can I get rid of these viruses? I did a Malwarebytes scan and a ESET scan, however both of them do not find any problems. Could this be a false positive?

:)

BrightPopz, Aug 1, 2020

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Microsoft Virus Defender wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft Virus Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Virus Defender

1. Microsoft Virus Defender - Similar Threads - Microsoft Virus Defender

2. Autorun.inf detected as virus by Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Autorun.inf detected as virus by Microsoft Defender: Hi,I have create a custom autorun.inf which sets the icon and device label for the USB device.The contents of the autorun.inf are following[AutoRun] ICON = .\tS1_img.ico label=myDeviceIt is being detected as a virus with the following information : Name:...
  3. Autorun.inf detected as virus by Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autorun.inf detected as virus by Microsoft Defender: Hi,I have create a custom autorun.inf which sets the icon and device label for the USB device.The contents of the autorun.inf are following[AutoRun] ICON = .\tS1_img.ico label=myDeviceIt is being detected as a virus with the following information : Name:...
  4. Autorun.inf detected as virus by Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Autorun.inf as virus by Microsoft Defender

Autorun.inf as virus by Microsoft Defender: Hi,I have create a custom autorun.inf which sets the icon and device label for the USB device.The contents of the autorun.inf are following[AutoRun] ICON = .\tS1_img.ico label=myDeviceIt is being detected as a virus with the following information : Name:...
  6. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  7. Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions

Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions: Does Windows Defender contain virus definitions for Mac, so that if I scan a file on windows that has malware targeting Mac, it will detect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-virus-definitions/3ecfc677-1756-4a54-be56-d0b7992b46ee
  8. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Defender Anti Virus...

Problem with Microsoft Defender Anti Virus...: I cannot activate my Microsoft defender anti-Virus softwear...tryed everything to no avail...I do not have anything that should interfere with it... just keep getting a message to talk to my IT person...I Am That person......
  10. Microsoft Virus Defender

Microsoft Virus Defender: So, I downloaded a scripting program that I bought. I deleted it after Microsoft Defender says that it was a Trojan. However, when I go to check the windows defender and see affected items, it says file: C:\Users\ahu\Desktop\Synapse-X\Synapse-X\bin\THbrbTTfRRPrQeVN2.bin...