Windows 10: microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable

Discus and support microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop was so unresponsive I decided I had no choice but to do a Reset, keeping my files and folders. Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikilet, May 23, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable

My laptop was so unresponsive I decided I had no choice but to do a Reset, keeping my files and folders.

Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 - Windows 10 Home 64bit - free space on HD is 535 GB - 6GB Ram
    Since starting to re-install my programs I am having just as much trouble as I was before. I am hoping that someone can step in and give me some direction on this.
    My latest attempt is trying to install OpenOffice. When I clicked on the installer, this microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable started trying to install, but I've been waiting a good half hour now and it still hasn't installed. I just received a box stating the installer is no longer responding. I know nothing about this Visual C++ stuff.
    During Reset, see screenshot of what was removed.
    Then screenshot of what has so far installed, and each one took forever.
    Third, screenshot of what is trying to install right now.

P.S. I decided I might as well cancel that attempted install and start over. This time see screenshot 4 for what I got. there is no other installation in progress. I ended it through Task Manager.

:)

Nikilet, May 23, 2019

2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

All Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable are required as few applications might use older Redistributables.

Microsoft advises none of C++ Redistributables should be deleted. All these C++ Redistributables install side by side in the WinSxS folder and the application picks the version it needs.

(Note - The size it occupies it not even 15 MB)

E for Excel, May 23, 2019
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) install problem

Thanks for the update on the result of you performing the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since you're still getting the error message, we suggest that you get in touch with the application developer to verify the compatibility of the app with Windows 10
    as well as confirm what other components it needs to install properly. The reason we are suggesting this is that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are generally pre-installed in the Windows operating system and additional Microsoft Visual C++
    2008 SP1 Redistributable Packages may require an additional license to install.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, May 23, 2019
  4. jonjones1 Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable can i delete it and what is it for

thanks

jonjones1, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable - Similar Threads - microsoft visual c++

2. Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?: I have several releases of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed on my computer. I'm not talking about x86 vs x64, nor am I talking about different year versions 2005 vs 2008 vs 2010. I'm talking about different release numbers for the same year 2008. Right now...
  3. Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?: I have several releases of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed on my computer. I'm not talking about x86 vs x64, nor am I talking about different year versions 2005 vs 2008 vs 2010. I'm talking about different release numbers for the same year 2008. Right now...
  4. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: If a computer has many different versions, can the old ones be uninstalled safely?Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.61001 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 10.0.40219...
  5. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  7. install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64: I have tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64 on my computer. I downloaded MV c++ 2008 following the instruction given in the following...
  8. Microsoft visual c++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft visual c++ redistributable: Hi, i bought brand new laptop, immediately upon turning it on, I got windows update, after restart, laptop started autoinstalling Microsoft visual c++ hybrid on his own... So what is hybrid? Why not regular one? Is hybrid also officially from Microsoft? I got 12 total, 8 of...
  9. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft visual c 2008

2. microsoft visual c redistributable 2008