Windows 10: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows...

Discus and support Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After wiping my computer, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 or x64 Redistributable won't install. The installer doesn't even show up. A small window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChadSkeers, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows...

After wiping my computer, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 or x64 Redistributable won't install. The installer doesn't even show up. A small window flashes briefly on the screen, and then nothing happens. The installer remains in the task manager indefinitely, and I can't end the task:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows... 020e0633-b24e-46ce-b887-3c8bc4315110?upload=true.png

I have tried the following solutions:

Running sfc /scannow and determining that there are no faults in the operating system installation

Ensuring that I'm running the latest version of vcredist_x86.exe

Running the compatability troubleshooter and running the installer under the recommended settings

Uninstalling and reinstalling all Microsoft Visual C++ packages

Starting the "Windows Installer" service before running the installer

Ensuring that I'm running the installer as administrator.

Ensuring that my Windows updates are all installed

Running MSIEXEC/UNREGISTER & MSIEXEC/REGSERVER

Re-registering the following DLL files:

regsvr32 ntdll.dll /s

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s

regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s

regsvr32 wmp.dll /s

regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll /s
    Performing another factory reset on my computer and trying again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As it stands I have a cleanly installed operating system and I'm unable to install the software I need to do my work.

Thanks

:)

ChadSkeers, Sep 24, 2020

2. Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Andre Da Costa, Sep 24, 2020
  3. I can't install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hello Vitoca,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the steps below:

• Remove any existing Internet security programs (antivirus/antispyware software).
    • Uninstall other antivirus/antispyware software on the machine prior to installing
      Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
    • Antivirus/antispyware software may not uninstall completely and it would require running the appropriate cleanup tool to do a clean uninstall. These tools are typically found within the product sites. After completing a clean uninstall using the
      clean up tools, reboot the PC machine, and then install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
    • Make sure that the Windows Installer service is running

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows...

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable does not install

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows... [​IMG]

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Setup_20161030_102609562-MSI_vc_red.msi.txt

ACMDogfight1997, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows...

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 installer won't run on clean install of Windows... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Visual C++

2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable: Hi,On the Windows Server 2016 standard, we have applications installed that is using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable. Since Microsoft has ended the support for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 version we tried to uninstall the 2010 version. But since some of the...
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable: Hi,On the Windows Server 2016 standard, we have applications installed that is using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable. Since Microsoft has ended the support for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 version we tried to uninstall the 2010 version. But since some of the...
  4. I can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable: this is error that gives me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-microsoft-visual-c-2010-x64/4098cd39-bff5-4879-a97e-941a5e09b299
  5. I can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable: this is error that gives me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-microsoft-visual-c-2010-x64/4098cd39-bff5-4879-a97e-941a5e09b299
  6. I can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable

7. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install: When installing using the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 installer, I always get an error saying that it cannot find the older version to uninstall even though I already have the older version uninstalled and have the files for the current version already in my Package...
  8. C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Won't Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Won't Install: I noticed an issue when trying to install Apex through Origin the past two days. The download pauses at 38%. I've traced it down to C++ 2010 x64. Origin downloads and runs vcredist_x64.exe even though 2010 x64 is already installed. I deleted the partial game install. I...
  9. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable: Hi, I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable on my PC. Each time I try, the setup says "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 has been detected on the machine". I understand that this is because I have a newer version of the runtime however I...
  10. Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable does not install

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable does not install: On Steam, there is a game I bought several months ago called Victory at Sea. I played this game for several hours on my laptop and it worked okay. However, when I installed it on my new desktop PC and launched, it gave me this message: [img] I launched this game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. did Microsoft visual c 2010 doesnt work with 2019