Windows 10: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install

Discus and support Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When installing using the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 installer, I always get an error saying that it cannot find the older version to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sean-MarcTaylor, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install

When installing using the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 installer, I always get an error saying that it cannot find the older version to uninstall even though I already have the older version uninstalled and have the files for the current version already in my Package Cache folder. I have no idea how to solve this, the only solutions I have found is to just completely reinstall Windows 10 and I REALLY don't want to have to do that.

:)

Sean-MarcTaylor, Sep 15, 2020

2. Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Andre Da Costa, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Andre Da Costa, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install

error while installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package (x64)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘0x80240017’ when trying to install Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable package. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

How are you trying to install Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable package?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Reset components

We can try resetting the Windows components and see if that helps.

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type or paste the command and hit enter:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

4. Close command prompt window.

Method 2: Remove Visual C++ and reinstall

I would also suggest you to check if Visual C++ is already installed. To check type appwiz.cpl in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. If Visual C++ is already installed, I would suggest you to try uninstalling it and then installing it. To
    uninstall Visual C++, refer the section Uninstall from the Control Panel (for programs)
    under Uninstall or remove apps and programs in the article

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Method 3: Run DISM Command

You may also want to try running the DISM command and see if that helps.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned in the article Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 won't install - Similar Threads - Microsoft Visual C++

2. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package: Dear Community,I have a laptop, running Windows 10 operating system. I have the Firefox browser installed. Would like to ask the community a very specific question, please? I am currently on a course of Ethical Hacking, and have been asked by the tutor to download the...
  3. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package: Dear Community,I have a laptop, running Windows 10 operating system. I have the Firefox browser installed. Would like to ask the community a very specific question, please? I am currently on a course of Ethical Hacking, and have been asked by the tutor to download the...
  4. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019: i want to run a program which needs API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYSINFO-L1-2-1.DLL, which i'm told, is part of the above package.I get an error saying I cannot install it unless I uninstall the package for Visual Studio 2022Can I do this? Won't it disable the VS 2022?Thanks...
  7. VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019: i want to run a program which needs API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYSINFO-L1-2-1.DLL, which i'm told, is part of the above package.I get an error saying I cannot install it unless I uninstall the package for Visual Studio 2022Can I do this? Won't it disable the VS 2022?Thanks...
  8. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019: I did a basic reset of my pc. It removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2019. I tried to reinstall, but it tells me there is a runtime error and that the old ver. can not be removed,...
  9. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 X64

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 X64: Hi team,we have an user needs Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 X64 but failed with attached error:it says cannot find msi file.we tried installer from Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022but all have same...
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2015 -2019 Redistributable installation.

Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2015 -2019 Redistributable installation.: Hi, I have installed MS VC++ redistributable 2015 -2019 Redistributable 14.22.27821.0, but there is any other version with 14.24.28127.4 installed along with Visual Studio 2019. I see both the entries in control panel. I want to understand why this is not upgrading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft c 2019 redistributable would not be installed on my pc