Windows 10: Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue

Discus and support Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Voice Recorder app launches with the mic button in the middle as the only UI. When I click the button an error message displays, reading "Before you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OrryNotSorry, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue

My Voice Recorder app launches with the mic button in the middle as the only UI. When I click the button an error message displays, reading "Before you can record, we need access to your Documents folder." That's it. No browser/file path text box. Nothing. Images attached below.

I moved all files from my Documents folder to an external drive, not knowing that I would disable my Voice Recorder which has a saved folder in that location. Because there is no UI, I am not sure how to fix this issue.

I have launched the Microsoft Store and found the Windows Voice Recorder app, but I can only Launch and Get the app again, which ultimately launches the app.

Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue 80139703-1e60-4d33-b0ad-d1fa018b15b1?upload=true.png
    Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue d7adc1a1-28d2-49b2-ad89-16a37c5e37cd?upload=true.png

:)

OrryNotSorry, Jun 21, 2020
  2. MarvelArt Win User

Need Voice Recording App

Hi, guys, I need a voice recording app which can record clearly the voice of mine. So please anybody have any suggestion regarding it can please share it with me.

MarvelArt, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft Voice Recorder Windows 10 will not open

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if the issue persists. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key
      and type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell
      and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the Windows Voice Recorder app from Windows Store

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue

voice recorder

Hi EvgeniBurshtein,

In order to access your voice recorder again, I would like to suggest the helpful post of Vicky Acs from Microsoft by clicking the link provided below. The link will show you how to access the voice recorder again by uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows
    Voice Recorder app. This post has been marked as answer by the thread's original poster and may be the solution for the issue that you are facing. Click the link for the detailed steps.

can't find voice recorder in Win10

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue

1. Microsoft Voice Recorder app issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Voice Recorder

2. Voice Recording app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recording app not working: Hi! I tried using my voice recording app today and to my surprise I was greeted with the message: "microphone not connected" in bright red letters. I have played around with the settings, troubleshooted, and I am at a loss of why suddenly the app isn't working. It was...
  3. Voice Recorder App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder App: I conducted an interview with Microsoft Teams and recorded the audio with the voice recorder app. I am unfamiliar with how the Teams recording function worked and figured the voice recorder work would still work. It did not. It captured my voice but not my interviewees'. Is...
  4. voice recordings

in Windows 10 Customization
    voice recordings: i can make 5-20 minute recordings but when i email them the recordings are not attatched or cannot be opened. everything on my end looks like it is attatched, sending via email...
  5. microsoft voice recordings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft voice recordings: i am making voice recordings on microsoft 10 app [ not too long but any where fro 3-10 minutes] but when i email them the recording is not attatched. On my end looks like attatched...
  6. voice recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    voice recorder: hi, i tried to record something the other day but when i play it back all i hear is static and some times nothing at all, so i enabled stero mix and made it my default device in the sound setting still didnt work but it does pick up output sounds from the computer like when...
  7. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  8. Voice recorder issue when recording Microsoft Teams meeting calls

Voice recorder issue when recording Microsoft Teams meeting calls: Hi, I try to use voice recorder in my Windows 10 laptop and sometimes need to record lectures/ talks to transcribe later can't type as fast as speakers talk esp in long presentations. The meetings usually happen via Microsoft Teams. However, when i play it back, only my...
  9. Voice Recorder App not working

Voice Recorder App not working: I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses to move from the title page, which is simply the icon of the mike. When I hit Control R to record, nothing happens. I wonder...
  10. Voice rEcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...