Windows 10: Microsoft Vs Local account

Discus and support Microsoft Vs Local account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of emails about changing a Microsoft account into a local account. I am trying to complete the reverse i.e. Changing a local to a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilHumphreys1, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft Vs Local account

I have seen a lot of emails about changing a Microsoft account into a local account. I am trying to complete the reverse i.e. Changing a local to a Microsoft one.

Here is where I am is.

- PC is named Den

- I have a local account on the PC user Neil Humphreys

- On the your Info page It has my email account

- When I log in it asks for a password which is a local one not my Microsoft one

I do know I can go into family and add my email as an account but unfortunately not all the options i.e. documents, app etc are shared with a new account and I do not wish to re-add all on this onto a new account.

So how can I amend the current local account to make it login as a Microsoft account ?

Help here would be appreciated

NH

:)

NeilHumphreys1, Mar 7, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft Vs Local account

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Vs Local account

1. Microsoft Vs Local account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Local account

2. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  5. Confusion on Local Account vs Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confusion on Local Account vs Microsoft Account: I have some serious confusion over what is a local account vs a Windows account while working on my wife's computer. I know my Hotmail account and Windows account share the same password and as far as we can determine, hers should too. However, that doesn't seem to be true...
  6. Microsoft vs Local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft vs Local account: What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Microsoft account instead of a local account to log into Windows10? Is it any safer to set separate administrator and standard user accounts and primarily use the standard account? submitted by /u/Bordercrossingfool...
  7. OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro on my desktop computer and 2 laptops. All 3 are using a local account. I also use onedrive and sync across all three devices. All 3 devices have the same login name and same passeord. Basically no matter which machine i use, everthing is as close as i...
  8. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  9. Question on local vs microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question on local vs microsoft account: Just setting up a laptop for my daughter. 1. Can you still log in to a laptop as a user set with a microsoft account even if there is no internet access? She is likely to need access in places where there is not always internet access. 2. I have the administrator...
  10. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account: Primary user here on this computer...if I set up PC as a Local Account do I need a password? I use Outlook as my mail server. Will I have to enter my Microsoft Account password to use Outlook if I initially set up PC as a local account. Basically I want to boot up not...