Windows 10: Microsoft, Wake Up

Discus and support Microsoft, Wake Up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I'm not sure at which point you veered from the proper path, if it was always built in from the beginning, or if it's only been under... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Infinityseed, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Microsoft, Wake Up

Dear Microsoft,

I'm not sure at which point you veered from the proper path, if it was always built in from the beginning, or if it's only been under recent leadership, but you need to listen. You have alienated the vast majority of your clients. Your plans to force us all onto Win10 so you can work toward having a monthly subscription like Adobe aren't going as well as you thought. We're not paying you monthly for Office. And I'll be darned if I'm going to pay you monthly for Win10. Your core users are not using tablets and phones as their primary interface with technology. They never did. Your choices over the past few years actually forced me to take up Android for the first time in my life. Because of you, I'm diversifying, so thank you for that. I'm now considering cutting the cord on my Windows desktops altogether once you kill all support of Win 7. Whatever I can do from my phone in the future, if it will keep me from needing your updates, I'll certainly do. I'm getting a little too old to play on Steam, so why remain on the treadmill if I don't have to?

When do you plan to eliminate our Hotmail accounts or force us into paying for them to keep access? In what year will you force users to subscribe monthly to access their desktops and work stations? See, these are the questions that your behaviors cause us to ask--we who were your loyal product users. In the 80's, Electronic Arts were my favorite software developers, but now? Who cares. I was there when we had to create autoexec.bat and config.sys files to play games. But your insistence on forcing Win10 down our throats, along with the spying, ads, etc, makes me really regret not leaving for Linux a long time ago. Who will be your clients when my children become the consumers who drive the market? If you don't consider your course very carefully over the next few years, you will become utterly irrelevant much sooner than if you'd been guided by a proper visionary. I don't care what you think your telemetry, market metrics, and algorithms tell you. Wake up.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Core Client.

:)

Infinityseed, Sep 25, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Microsoft, Wake Up

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft, Wake Up

1. Microsoft, Wake Up - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wake

2. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  4. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  5. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  6. IntelR USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft waking PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IntelR USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft waking PC: I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. For a little while following the install, I could put the PC to sleep and wake it without issue. I use a Logitech Harmony remote via a EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR to do this.Unfortunately, somewhere along the...
  7. Windows 11 Pro starts Microsoft Edge on every wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro starts Microsoft Edge on every wake: This is so annoying and I can't make it stop. I have tried many things to no avail.I am on latest Windows 11 Pro Public release: 22000.493So far I've tried:Reseting EdgeDisabling "Startup Boost" on EdgeDisabling the Windows setting that restores my apps after restart or...
  8. Windows 11 Pro starts Microsoft Edge on every wake

Windows 11 Pro starts Microsoft Edge on every wake: This is so annoying and I can't make it stop. I have tried many things to no avail.I am on latest Windows 11 Pro Public release: 22000.493So far I've tried:Reseting EdgeDisabling "Startup Boost" on EdgeDisabling the Windows setting that restores my apps after restart or...
  9. Microsoft wireless 3050 keyboard/mouse automatically waking screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft wireless 3050 keyboard/mouse automatically waking screen: The Microsoft wireless 3050 keyboard/mouse automatically wakes up my PC screen when it goes to sleep. I know it's the culprit because when I unplug the the transceiver the screen stays asleep. I purchased this keyboard and mouse specifically because the old 5050 combo I had...
  10. How to use Microsoft Arc mouse to wake up closed windows laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use Microsoft Arc mouse to wake up closed windows laptop: Hi There,My Microsoft Surface 4 is connected to a external screen and bluetooth mouse and keyboard Microsoft Arc keyboardI would like to wake up my surface without opening it.I have tried changing the settings in "Device Manager" but there is no "Power Management Options" in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wake up microsoft program