Windows 10: Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones...

Discus and support Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 17, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones...

Source

:)

labeeman, Mar 17, 2015
  2. jayanthb Win User

Nokia X2 convert into windows or provide updates

Hi,

I had heard that Microsoft is interested in other brands to convert android into windows.

Went Microsoft is not interested in their own device that there is no update of Nokia x,xl,x+ and x2.

Of you don't want to provide any update of your android device then make any tool for Nokia X platform users to convert into windows 10.

Please becouse this may end of sales of Nokia android device if there is no update coz it's just 4.3 and now in market there is 4.4 and 5.02 update had rolled out.

jayanthb, Mar 17, 2015
  3. 93tid Win User
    Nokia X2 convert into windows or provide updates

Where did you hear that nonsense about converting Android into Windows ?

MS have made it very clear that they are not interested in the X series more than half a year ago, when they announced that they are discontinuing any further development of it. The end of sales of these handsets has come and gone months ago, the X-range
    is as good as dead.

The existing X series cannot and will not be converted to WP.

93tid, Mar 17, 2015
  4. BillyBob Win User

Sounds like a good idea to me, I've got an older HTC OneX I could try it on.

BillyBob, Mar 17, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    OK... let's see what happens!
    I have 2 tablets ready for the challenge...

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 17, 2015
  6. Before you try to flash to Win 10, be sure you have a ROM to flash back to your Android. Remember, Android is "device specific" so you need a ROM which has been tested, preferably the original from the device manufacturer. I also suspect any Win 10 ROM would be device specific, so they'll have to have one ROM for Galaxy S"X" and another for HTC "Y", another for ZTE "Z", etc. Good luck with that, and good luck getting support from the manufacturer unless you downloaded the Win 10 ROM from the manufacturer's web site. *cry

mikejbradley, Mar 17, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    Not a bad idea.

But Lumia 630 and 530s are not really that expensive. Just sell your andoids to buy cheap and problem free unlocked lumias. *Smile

No guarantee that carriers will still recognize your converted androids. Maybe this is only specific to sim-free devices.

badrobot, Mar 17, 2015
  8. Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones...

I think most mfgs. are waiting for Win 10 release and Atom 2.3 GHZ / Skylake --- then you'll see Windows cell phones everywhere.....Asus already has a new Atom 2.3 Android cell phone. Like "Field of Dreams" - "Build it and they will come"......

mikejbradley, Mar 17, 2015
  9. Yet another example of MS not "getting it"! Folks who want a Windows phone simply go out and get a Windows phone.

Installing a custom ROM on a phone is not a simple matter and, if done improperly, will totally "brick" the phone.

You might be able to use this to experiment on an older phone that you kept when you upgraded to a newer phone, but my limited understanding of this is that the SIM card in the older phone won't work anymore. So, even the if conversion does go well, you won't be able to use the phone to make calls.

Mark Phelps, Mar 17, 2015
  10. Antilope Win User
    The screen shots below are my android LG Ultimate 2 (L41C) phone running the android app Launcher 8 Free.

It's a free android program launcher app that makes your android phone look like and operate like a Windows phone in many ways.

We also own Nokia Lumia 520 and 635 Windows phones, so I'm quite familiar with the real Windows phone. This app is very close to the real thing.

There are no real Windows programs or apps involved. This is 100% android.

I can't get over how much this makes my L41C look, feel and operate like a windows phone.
    Those of you familiar with Windows phone should give it a try. It replicates the Windows 8 home screen, app screen, various settings screens, etc. You can resize, re-color, change, delete and move the program tiles around and assign them to various android apps. The home screen even slides to the left to reveal the apps screen, just like a Windows phone. The lock screen even operates like a Windows phone, you slide it up to unlock the phone. The app installs as easily as any other android app.

Look for Launcher 8 Free in the Google Play store.

Launcher 8 Home Screen on my LG Ultimate 2 L41C android phone

Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones... [​IMG]

Launcher 8 App Screen on my LG Ultimate 2 L41C android phone

Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones... [​IMG]

Antilope, Apr 20, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    If Windows Phone was popular enough that app creators made apps for it they wouldn't have to do this.

Boozad, Apr 20, 2015
  12. dtong22 Win User
    Well! Shouldn't Microsoft create an app simulating the use of Android ?
    I do have the Cairo Dock which simulates the use of IOS under Linux. It is cool indeed

Daniel

dtong22, Apr 20, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

Microsoft can do what they want, but they should really be dedicated to pushing their own phones to challenge the other leading smartphones out there. I'd much rather buy a Windows phone but it simply won't do the things I need it to, instead of making other phones work like Windows phones I'd rather they just made Windows phones work as well as other phones.

Boozad, Apr 20, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    3rd party devs create those theme apps not MS. MS will never do that.
    OS themes/launchers just give you the looks but not the actual experience.
    MS is cooking something up to install Windows OS on android phones. Not just an emulator app.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft wants to convert Android devices to Windows 10 phones... - Similar Threads - Microsoft wants convert

2. I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...: I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired per all instructions, prompts from one step to the next work...and...nothing happens! All I get is the supposed connection window just searching and searching and not finding anything. What an I missing...
  3. I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...: I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired per all instructions, prompts from one step to the next work...and...nothing happens! All I get is the supposed connection window just searching and searching and not finding anything. What an I missing...
  4. Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10: I can't connect my Android phone via USB to the computer. The system says that device is not recognized. My Windows 10 computer was updated but the problem is not solved...
  5. Mirror Android phone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror Android phone on Windows 10: Hello, I'm having problems to cast my Android to my mini PC (Vorke V1 plus). Using a Windows phone the app built into Windows 10 works perfectly. But with my android devices, the app says "device name is about to cast" but nothing ever appears or fails. I've already tried...
  6. android phone

android phone: Since the recent win10 update, i am unable to connect my samsung galaxy s6. Nothing registers, no usb recognition : NOTHING, everythig worked fine before so it must be the update. Uploading my photos to laptop is vital for my work. Any help on this problem would be...
  7. android phone

android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  8. android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  9. Windows 10 not recognising Android phone

Windows 10 not recognising Android phone: Since the recent Windows 10 update the computer won't recognise my Android phone to access files. The phone charges fine when plugged in to the USB port but no visibility of the storage. Yes, I have checked all the settings on the phone and they indicate it is in data...
  10. Windows 10 on Android Phones?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on Android Phones?: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its announcements surrounding the upcoming launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also...