Windows 10: Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Windows 10, drivers are required when you want to interact with specific hardware, such as your graphics card and network adapter. Usually, drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 31, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10

On Windows 10, drivers are required when you want to interact with specific hardware, such as your graphics card and network adapter. Usually, drivers are automatically installed when you connect your devices or check for updates using the Windows Update service.

However, sometimes, Windows 10 drivers could lead to serious problems, including security issues. In Windows 10, all drivers (including third-party drivers) are stored together in the DriverStore, which is located under the System32 folder on the system, and it is problematic for the operating system’s overall health.

With Windows 10’s Sun Valley update, Microsoft is planning to move the third-party drivers outside of the System32 folder. After the next feature update, your third-party drivers will get installed inside a new “OEMDRIVERS” folder (C:\Windows\OEMDRIVERS) instead of DriverStore (C:\Windows\System32).

Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10 OEM-drivers.jpg

As shown in the above screenshot, this fundamental change is currently live in the preview builds, but it can be tested only when you perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 version 21H2.

Just like Windows 10X, “OEM DRIVERS” support allows the OS to be isolated, or sandboxed, away from the rest of the third-party drivers, and the primary benefit is security.

What you may quickly realize, however, is that OEMDrivers folder is more than just a security improvement. It’s also a bonus layer of performance, especially if you frequently update your third-party drivers.

It’s not yet clear if isolating third-party drivers will also reduce Blue Screen of Death errors and system crashes on Windows 10.

Other Windows 10X features coming to Windows 10

In addition to driver improvements, Microsoft is also believed to be working on Windows 10X-like feature for the Sun Valley.

For example, Action Center will be updated with a new adaptive interface that will provide access to both quick settings and notifications. Similarly, the Start Menu and other core elements will get rounded corners instead of sharp corners.

Microsoft has already started testing new personalization settings, new features for the touch keyboard, support for improved touch UI in File Explorer, and new icons too.

The post Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft wants to isolate third-party drivers on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft wants isolate

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. Is free third party driver updater safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is free third party driver updater safe?: Is free third party driver updater safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-free-third-party-driver-updater-safe/ddc53eef-3a6f-44cf-8193-a2c396c72203
  5. Is free third party driver updater safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is free third party driver updater safe?: Is free third party driver updater safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-free-third-party-driver-updater-safe/ddc53eef-3a6f-44cf-8193-a2c396c72203
  6. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  7. Microsoft could move third-party drivers to a new folder in Windows 10 soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could move third-party drivers to a new folder in Windows 10 soon: Microsoft is testing a fundamental change in the company's Windows 10 operating system that moves third-party drivers to a dedicated location outside the system32 folder. First spotted by Albacore and revealed via Twitter, the feature moves all third-party drivers that get...
  8. third party sofware and microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party sofware and microsoft apps: Have you heard the one about Microsoft Windows 10 updates making third party software unusable and even some of their own apps no longer working, what sort of dunces have they got working for them these days, I think the advice for every computer tech these days would be to...
  9. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  10. Third-party driver updater.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third-party driver updater.: Is there a reasonably safe third party program for mass checking and then updating drivers? Or would it be better for me not to open up that can of worms. And if so is there a way to do the same thing in windows Device Manager? 34032