Windows 10: Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities

Discus and support Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am a fairly new user of Windows 10, so I would appreciate help with the following. I read the news today, Thursday 8/15/19, about Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Federigo, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Federigo Win User

Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities

I am a fairly new user of Windows 10, so I would appreciate help with the following.

I read the news today, Thursday 8/15/19, about Microsoft strongly advising Windows 10 users to do a system update immediately due to critical OS vulnerabilities. Therefore, as a good soldier, I checked my Win 10 System Update feature which indicated there was an update available to download. I requested that download which was successfully installed today, 8/15/19, at about 5:30 pm.

In checking the Windows 10 Update history I found the following:

(a) The update I downloaded and installed today at 5:30 pm, was the 2019-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4507419)

(b) My Windows 10 had automatically downloaded and successfully installed Quality Update 2019-08 Cum Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4511553) on 8/14/19, at 5:22 am.

(c) There already was a previous 2019-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 Version 1809 (KB4507419) which had been successfully automatically installed on 7/9/19.

Could someone answer the following questions?

1. Which update corrected the latest critical vulnerabilities reported on the news on 8/14/19? Was it 2019-08 (KB4511553)? If not, which should it be?

2. Why would Win 10 indicate an aupdate was available for my system - 2019-07 (KB4507419) - when one with the same identical month, detail and number was already successfully installed on 7/15/19?

3. Is my system covered for the OS vulnerabilies mentioned on the news on 8/14/19?

Thank you very much for helping educate me.

:)

Federigo, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities

Microsoft Preps Six Updates for Next Week

Another Patch Tuesday is closing in fast and it's going to bring us six fresh updates from Microsoft. According to the Redmond-based company, the incoming patches - one rated 'Critical', four 'Important' and one 'Moderate', will resolve seven vulnerabilities that could lead to remote code execution or denial of service attacks.

The list of software targeted by Tuesday's patches includes Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio, and Expression Design. The updates will become available on March 13 at about 10:00 am PDT (5:00 pm GMT).

Cristian_25H, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities

1. Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities - Similar Threads - Microsoft warning update

2. The Windows August 2023 security updates fix critical vulnerabilities and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows August 2023 security updates fix critical vulnerabilities and Internet Explorer: It is the second Tuesday of the month, and that means it is Microsoft Patch Tuesday. The company has released security updates for all supported client and server operating systems as well as other company products, including Microsoft Office. The security updates are...
  3. Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered

in Windows 10 News
    Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered: In May 2017, the WannaCry ransomware attack swept the globe, affecting computers that used Microsoft Windows. During the attack, users' files were locked and a ransom in Bitcoin was demanded in exchange for their release. It hit hundreds of thousands of computers globally and...
  4. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.: Hi,i'm seeing a lot of warnings, errors and critical errors in the event viewer. I recently reinstalled windows which didn't help. I'm sorry for the german screenshots. I hope you can still give me some advice.Thanks in advance...
  5. WARNING: New Windows 10 vulnerability allows anyone to get admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WARNING: New Windows 10 vulnerability allows anyone to get admin privileges: Windows 10 and Windows 11 are vulnerable to a local elevation of privilege vulnerability after discovering that users with low privileges can access sensitive Registry database files.The Windows Registry acts as the configuration repository for the Windows operating system...
  6. Critical errors & warnings

Critical errors & warnings: I have W10. I recently found out that windows defender does not have a firewall for the internet. My system is full of errors and warnings. How do I remove them? Do I need software that will give me a firewall for the internet? Can I get it through MS?...
  7. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users: Hi, I received following link /news from US dept . of Homeland Security, regarding Windows security issue. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users...
  8. Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the sysadmin virtual machine (VM) on Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers running Cisco IOS XR 64-bit Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to access internal applications running on the sysadmin VM. The...
  9. Microsoft addresses 17 critical vulnerabilities in Tuesday’s Patch update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft addresses 17 critical vulnerabilities in Tuesday’s Patch update: Microsoft as part of its Patch Tuesday cycle released new security updates for all its supported versions of Windows. The security updates are part of the July 2018 Patch Tuesday cycle. The Redmond Giant has fixed 54 vulnerabilities with the latest Patch Tuesday update....
  10. Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

in Windows 10 News
    Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers: A critical vulnerability affecting Electron desktop apps has been disclosed. Electron is a node.js, V8, and Chromium framework created for the development of cross-platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. Compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows operating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updating windows 10 stuck at 99 net framework 4.8

2. do i need to update my windows 10 due to vulnerabilities reported

3. microsoft pushes updates due to critical vulnerabilities