Windows 10: Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates

Discus and support Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Update provides maintenance and security patches for Windows 10, Microsoft products and as well as updates for device drivers. Drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 6, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates

Windows Update provides maintenance and security patches for Windows 10, Microsoft products and as well as updates for device drivers. Drivers are released through Windows Update and they usually work pretty well, but Windows Update drivers are not always the most up to date.

There are cases when you may need to use custom drivers instead of those available through Windows Update, and in these situations, Windows 10 allows users to manually install drivers on their devices.

While the driver installation feature works smoothly, there is a bug that reportedly prevents users from deploying drivers and it has been acknowledged by the Redmond firm.

According to Microsoft, the Memory integrity setting could block drivers from loading and it may lead to unexpected behaviours on your device when the driver is installed.

“If you choose to continue using your device without addressing the driver problem, you might discover that the functionality the driver supports does not work any longer, which could have consequences ranging from negligible to severe,” Microsoft warned.

The bug applies to all versions of Windows 10 and it can be resolved if you turn off the setting in Windows Security app. To fix the driver blocking bug, follow these steps:

• Open Start and navigate to Settings.
    • Click Update & Security and then open Windows Security.
    • In Windows Security, navigate to Device Security.
    • Under Core isolation, turn off Memory Integrity feature.
    • A system reboot is required for the changes to take effect.

Microsoft also recommends users to look for other drivers from Windows Update or manufacturer’s website.

In related news, Microsoft recently rolled out its new Windows 10 Optional updates experience that will allow you to select and choose driver updates that you actually need.

The upcoming Optional Updates experience will give you an option to ignore a particular update for your printer, mouse, keyboard, graphics, storage, and also the non-security patches.

The post Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 6, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Mar 6, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft warns prevent

2. Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...: Hi, I am Rizal, I bought new Asus laptop, and it includes Windows 11. Initially, my fingerprint recognition in my Asus was fine, it worked correctly. After a month of use, I saw my laptop could not enter sleep mode after some time and message "Your device could not recognize...
  3. Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...: Hi, I am Rizal, I bought new Asus laptop, and it includes Windows 11. Initially, my fingerprint recognition in my Asus was fine, it worked correctly. After a month of use, I saw my laptop could not enter sleep mode after some time and message "Your device could not recognize...
  4. Microsoft warns Windows 10 KB5015878 (July) could break notification area

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft warns Windows 10 KB5015878 (July) could break notification area: A bug in Windows 10 KB5015878 (July 2022 optional update) affects the notification area which typically appears in the taskbar. As a result, some users may be unable to switch the input method or language as the notification area bug blocks the language and input bars in the...
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug could prevent system refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug could prevent system refresh: If your computer isn’t running the way it should, Microsoft allows you to refresh Windows 10 with Recovery options. With ‘Reset this PC’ feature, you can reinstall Windows 10 and start fresh if you’re getting strange errors or running slowly or when you want to sell your old...
  6. Microsoft warns Windows 10’s new driver change could lead to errors

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft warns Windows 10’s new driver change could lead to errors: With October 2020 Patch Tuesday cumulative updates, Microsoft made a change that aims to tighten Windows verification of driver software. This change has been introduced to prevent malware from exploiting vulnerable hardware drivers to compromise a Windows 10 machine. As...
  7. Microsoft to fix Windows 10 bug that prevents updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to fix Windows 10 bug that prevents updates: Windows 10’s Fast Startup, which is a feature that provides a faster boot time when starting up your PC, could prevent updates from installing properly. Fast Startup is a handy feature and it’s enabled by default to improve the overall performance of PCs. When you shut down...
  8. Warnings on drivers Code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Warnings on drivers Code 10: I have tried almost all the methods available on the internet to get the issue solved but I could not. Please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warnings-on-drivers-code-10/9317d828-4c92-4204-ab35-f326608e4e17
  9. Driver Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Warning: I have been getting a warning message on and off for some time now about a driver I am trying to install not being signed. I have 2 options: don't install or install anyway. The thing is I don't know what the driver is. There is nothing in the warning to indicate what it is...
  10. windows 10 update warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update warning: well I upgraded my windows 10 insider preview to windows 10 full version and today I installed updates and now my pc is back to being an insider preview build 10535 what gives here? I guess we will have to give Microsoft another S.I.P. award ( Stupidity in Programing )I...