Windows 10: Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices

Discus and support Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cymbal Man Freq., Jun 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices

Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...th-warning-cost-windows-10-home/#2d3e2bcc5d2e

“You may experience issues pairing, connecting or using certain Bluetooth devices after installing security updates released June 11, 2019,”

“These security updates address a security vulnerability by intentionally preventing connections from Windows to unsecure Bluetooth devices. Any device using well-known keys to encrypt connections may be affected, including certain security fobs.”

Users risk finding their headphones, headsets, keyboards, mice or even their company security fob may suddenly stop working.

As for solutions, Microsoft tells all affected users to “contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth device to determine if a device update [exists].” If it doesn’t, congratulations, it's time to upgrade because your device is now obsolete.

:)

Cymbal Man Freq., Jun 16, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 16, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Making it Better with Bluetooth Technology v4.0

Microsoft's Windows 8 announcement introduces native support for Bluetooth v4.0. Bluetooth v4.0 enabled products running the Windows 8 operating system, such as the new Surface tablet, will be Bluetooth Smart Ready products, enabling them to connect to familiar Bluetooth devices, like wireless speakers, and to the next generation of ultra power-efficient Bluetooth Smart products now coming to market.

Last weeks' Microsoft announcement is an acknowledgement of the massive Bluetooth ecosystem and strong consumer demand for secure, convenient wireless connectivity the technology provides," said Suke Jawanda, Bluetooth SIG CMO. "With Bluetooth v4.0 incorporated into the Windows operating system, hardware and software developers will have increased opportunities to provide new devices, applications, and services for their customers. Securely feeding web services and applications with cloud friendly data via a Bluetooth connection is a key component in the shift to cloud computing and more broadly, the Internet of Things."

OS-level support for Bluetooth 4.0 technology in Windows 8 allows hardware and software developers to tap into the billions-strong market of Bluetooth products in a scalable way. App developers will be able to use an API to feed data collected from Bluetooth Smart low-energy sensors, like a fitness monitor or medical device, to an application running on a Bluetooth Smart Ready product like the Microsoft Surface.

The launch of Bluetooth v4.0 unleashed a wave of new Bluetooth Smart and Smart Ready devices which provide manufactures and developers the opportunity to create the next generation of devices and software applications that will transform the way consumers interact with their technology. Microsoft is the latest in a list of companies utilizing Bluetooth v4.0 and the technology's low energy capabilities, a list that also includes major brands like Nike, Samsung, Panasonic, Nintendo, Sony and Ford, among others. Bluetooth technology's massive ecosystem is expected to expand remarkably within the next five years reaching 20 billion cumulative Bluetooth enabled device shipments by 2017.

btarunr, Jun 16, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices

1. Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Will 'Intentionally' Break Some Bluetooth Devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft Warns Update

2. Microsoft warns Windows 10 KB5015878 (July) could break notification area

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft warns Windows 10 KB5015878 (July) could break notification area: A bug in Windows 10 KB5015878 (July 2022 optional update) affects the notification area which typically appears in the taskbar. As a result, some users may be unable to switch the input method or language as the notification area bug blocks the language and input bars in the...
  3. Microsoft AMD Drivers Intentional Breaking of my laptops Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft AMD Drivers Intentional Breaking of my laptops Features: I want to know how and what to look for the 2 Microsoft AMD Drivers installed everytime you wipe with ddu and to remove all drivers from pc... I tried the guides on turning off microsoft auto updates and i tried manual update... I want to find the 2 microsoft drivers and...
  4. Did a Windows 10 update break Bluetooth Functionality? Bluetooth no longer on Device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did a Windows 10 update break Bluetooth Functionality? Bluetooth no longer on Device...: I feel like I'm going crazy. I have a Dell XPS 8700 now running Windows 10 v2004 and I've had my Bluetooth headset connected to it plenty of times. A few weeks back I went to connect it and couldn't get it connected. I've tried numerous things and have had no luck which...
  5. Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users: Microsoft has had a bad run with Windows 10 version 1903 in the past two months. The recent security and non-security updates broke down a number of basic features, including network adapters, Windows Search and even caused high CPU usage on some configurations. Windows 10...
  6. Microsoft warns Windows 10 update breaks Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft warns Windows 10 update breaks Bluetooth devices: Windows 10 KB4505903, which was released on July 26 for the May 2019 Update PCs, breaks down Bluetooth speakers on some devices. Windows 10 KB4505903 is an optional update, meaning that it won’t install unless a user manually selects ‘Check for updates’ button. It is unclear...
  7. Can't pair certain Bluetooth devices anymore on Windows 8 or 10? That's intentional

in Windows 10 News
    Can't pair certain Bluetooth devices anymore on Windows 8 or 10? That's intentional: Microsoft released security updates for all supported versions of the Windows operating system on June 11, 2019. Some of the released updates patch a Bluetooth security vulnerability by "intentionally preventing connections between Windows and Bluetooth devices that are not...
  8. Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices: The June 2019 cumulative updates are now available for all supported versions of Windows and the focus of the patches is specifically on security improvements. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is receiving KB4503293 which brings up Build 18362.175. On the other hand, Windows 10...
  9. Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft recently pushed a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 and if the reports are believed to be true, the new software update is making Photos app unusable on some Windows 10 devices. Many users have complained that the Photos app throws error “File System Error...
  10. Update breaks Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update breaks Bluetooth.: Don't know if anyone else has suffered this problem, but an update earlier today (Toshiba RFBUS) has broken Bluetooth on my PC. Bluetooth is showing (without errors) in Device Manager but it does not work. A search for 'bluetooth settings' in Win 10 gives a result, but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft warns windows 10 update will intentionally break some