Windows 10: Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse

Discus and support Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a question regarding the warranty of a wireless mouse. Product is only 3 months old, and covered by a 2-year warranty. The dongle broke while... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TreeTop200, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse

I have a question regarding the warranty of a wireless mouse. Product is only 3 months old, and covered by a 2-year warranty.

The dongle broke while I was removing it from the USB port. The metal casing that covers the USB separated, and the dongle no longer stays in, so the mouse won't work.

Microsoft support says this was "physical damage" as I "exerted force" on the product, and thus, because it is "physical damage", the warranty is void.

Question is - since the warranty covers defect under "normal operating conditions", and inserting and removing the dongle is required to use the product, would this not be covered under normal operating conditions, and not physical damage? How is it possible that using the product normally is also considered physical damage? The warranty is conflicting, but I have been denied a valid claim. Going by their definition, as soon as you touch the product, the warranty is void since you have "exerted force" on it, no matter how small the force.

Thank you.

:)

TreeTop200, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse

Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1000 doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the Microsoft Wireless Mouse is not working. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What happens when you try to connect the mouse to the PC?
    • Do you see the mouse driver listed in Device Manager, under Mice and other pointing devices?
    • Did you try to connect and check the mouse in any other Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you can refer the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly

If the issue persists with the mouse on multiple device, then we would suggest you to check with our hardware support team, below link has the contact number:

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/microsoft-modern-mouse#techspecs-connect

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse

1. Microsoft Warranty for Wireless Mouse - Similar Threads - Microsoft Warranty Wireless

2. Submit warranty claim for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Submit warranty claim for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard & Mouse: I need to submit a claim as my Keyboard disconnects from the bluetooth USB while the number pad and mouse continue to work. I can't see anywhere where this can be done properly on the website. There is similar complaints online as these products don't have a serial number. I...
  3. Submit warranty claim for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submit warranty claim for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard & Mouse: I need to submit a claim as my Keyboard disconnects from the bluetooth USB while the number pad and mouse continue to work. I can't see anywhere where this can be done properly on the website. There is similar complaints online as these products don't have a serial number. I...
  4. Submit warranty claim for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse 1359 under warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse 1359 under warranty: mouse battery clip has fallen out wont stay inplace https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-1359-under-warranty/440f1ba1-9bd0-4b77-a231-d142e99e9702
  6. mouse 1359 under warranty

mouse 1359 under warranty: mouse battery clip has fallen out wont stay inplace https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-1359-under-warranty/440f1ba1-9bd0-4b77-a231-d142e99e9702
  7. Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050 warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050 warranty: I purchased a Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050. Purchased July 2020... The keystrokes started to intermittently skip. Took it into the computer shop where it was purchased from. The trouble shot and determined keyboard defective. Micorsoft said I had to contact directly. Only...
  8. Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050 warranty

Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050 warranty: I purchased a Micorsoft Wireless Desktop 5050. Purchased July 2020... The keystrokes started to intermittently skip. Took it into the computer shop where it was purchased from. The trouble shot and determined keyboard defective. Micorsoft said I had to contact directly. Only...
  9. Microsoft Mouse Warranty Replacement in Singapore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Mouse Warranty Replacement in Singapore: I bought a Microsoft mouse in late 2018. It has "3 years hardware warranty" printed on the product packaging it was in. The mouse buttons are getting unreliable. Sometimes it double clicks. Sometimes it doesn't register the click. A few months ago the right mouse button...
  10. wireless mouse - microsoft

wireless mouse - microsoft: Has a red light on top of mouse instead of green, why? Have done the updates. The mouse has a part that looks like an ubs, however when plugged in the mouse does not work. why??...