Windows 10: Microsoft: 'We are going to open-source Windows Live Writer'

Discus and support Microsoft: 'We are going to open-source Windows Live Writer' in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Most of the Windows Live tools that Microsoft released back in ancient times have either been killed off or replaced by other products, such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft: 'We are going to open-source Windows Live Writer'

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2015
  2. J Short Win User

Windows Live Writer for Windows 10

Just to update this thread with CURRENT information for those that may end up here later...

Windows Live Writer doesn't work anymore (really).

Open Live Writer is that same codebase open sourced and updated to work in Windows 10!

Open Live Writer

So if you want Live Writer, go get it. Works great.

J Short, Jun 10, 2015
  3. Windows Live Writer for Windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, we need to know the Windows live essentials version installed on your computer.

As of now there is no official announcement about the latest version of the Windows live writer. We will update you if there is any latest news about it.

If you wish, you may try to download the latest version
    14.0.8092.0805 of Windows live writer from the below link.

Windows Live Writer

Download Windows Live Writer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 10, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft: 'We are going to open-source Windows Live Writer'

1. Microsoft: 'We are going to open-source Windows Live Writer' - Similar Threads - Microsoft 'We are

2. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  3. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  4. Windows Live Writer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Writer: When my kids were young, I used to blog with this program. I see that it is now discontinued. How could I find my old posts back? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-writer/722b4c5f-624d-4af5-bd48-238f0aae75ab
  5. Windows Live Writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Writer: When my kids were young, I used to blog with this program. I see that it is now discontinued. How could I find my old posts back? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-writer/722b4c5f-624d-4af5-bd48-238f0aae75ab
  6. Windows Live Writer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. New Microsoft Edge Test Drive web demos go open-source

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge Test Drive web demos go open-source: We first launched the Internet Explorer Test Drive site in 2010 during the Internet Explorer 9 Preview and regularly added demos through IE10 and IE11 development as a way to help web developers get hands-on with new features and performance improvements that were being added...
  8. Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’: Microsoft’s software empire rests on Windows, the computer operating system that runs so many of the world’s desktop PCs, laptops, phones, and servers. Along with the Office franchise, it generates the majority of the company’s revenues. But one day, the company could “open...
  9. Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows: Microsoft hasn't just become an enthusiastic open-source user; the company is now using the Git version control system to build Windows itself. The once prime example of proprietary software development is now relying on open source to create its trademark operating system....
  10. Microsoft Edge’s JavaScript engine to go open-source

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge’s JavaScript engine to go open-source: Today at JSConf US Last Call in Florida, we announced that we will open-source the core components of Chakra as ChakraCore, which will include all the key components of the JavaScript engine powering Microsoft Edge. We expect to open the ChakraCore repository on GitHub next...