Windows 10: Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome

Discus and support Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; for months... maybe over a year... almost every time i use a Microsoft web application (onedrive, outlook, etc.) in Chrome, the redirects from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert BRODEN, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome

for months... maybe over a year... almost every time i use a Microsoft web application (onedrive, outlook, etc.) in Chrome, the redirects from the signins fail. this happens with my student account and my work account. i ignored it when it was just my student account but, now that i have to use MS apps for work, it has become quite bothersome. i don't know if this is an issue with MS web apps or Chrome. i am going to replicate the same concerns to Chrome.

As a sidenote to moderators, I don't know what support/forum category to use for MS web applications.

* Moved from msn/accounts

:)

Robert BRODEN, Apr 23, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Web Site Redirect

Hi Tengal,

Most of the time, if you’ll browse within a website and redirected to another site, it can be due to unsecured sites that was visited. Some sites contain ads (advertisements) that also redirect users to a different website. To isolate this concern, we’d
    like to confirm if this happened to all the websites that you’ve visited or it is just for a specific site.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a full system scan using the
    antivirus software installed on your computer. This is to ensure that your device isn’t infected with any malware.

We’ll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome

1. Microsoft web application redirects fail in chrome - Similar Threads - Microsoft web application

2. Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store: I've been having an issue with Chrome for a while, and I think I've already tried everything from resetting Chrome to reinstalling and double-checking the default browser on my computer. Still, the switch to Chrome pops up. Also, whenever I open my Chrome, why do some of my...
  3. Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store: I've been having an issue with Chrome for a while, and I think I've already tried everything from resetting Chrome to reinstalling and double-checking the default browser on my computer. Still, the switch to Chrome pops up. Also, whenever I open my Chrome, why do some of my...
  4. Chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome Web Store: When I try to view extensions in Chrome Web Store, I get an almost blank screen. When the web store opens, I see the name of the extension at the top of the page and below that, a big square as if there should be something in it outlined in blue followed by details of the...
  5. MSI installation with Folder Redirection fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI installation with Folder Redirection fails.: We have an issue with some msi-installers Firefox, Google Chat running on a system with Folder Redirection enabled. We set UNC path to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData variable. Installation fails with...
  6. Change .aspx web to web application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change .aspx web to web application: Dear Team, Im new to .net environment,My doubt is if i make a .net mvc in visual studio it wil work in edge or chrome any other browsers,So how they r working as webapplication???? My doubt is My company is using web application,But it i can found in bin...
  7. Google Chrome redirects to Microsoft Search/mynewtabs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome redirects to Microsoft Search/mynewtabs.: I had this problem on my Acer Spin 1 Windows 10 where, a few months ago, out of the blue, about 70% of the time when I clicked a website after searching something on Google Chrome, it would redirect me to msearches.com, bing.com or mynewtabs.com. I couldn't figure out how to...
  8. Web Activities, the Chrome extension for Timeline created by Microsoft

in Browsers and Email
    Web Activities, the Chrome extension for Timeline created by Microsoft: Web Activities, chrome web store. There was already another extension, but it was not official, the fact that this extension is created directly by Microsoft to support Chrome in Timeline is quite important. 127452
  9. Web Site & Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Web Site & Chrome: This is an image of a draft web site page (index.html) online via Chrome. Problem is the table is central not to the left and it wont go to where it actually is. I tried it in Edge, its was perfect, I tried it in IE, it was perfect, so why is Chrome showing it off to the...
  10. Redirect application audio as mic audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirect application audio as mic audio: There is a app I use for my mic called WO mic and this plays live audio from my phone to the computer application, can I redirect the audio in the PC application as Mic audio for gaming? If not are there any applications I can download that can do this? 65616

Users found this page by searching for:

1. redirect to web application failing