Windows 10: Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A longtime problem for many. I've been dealing with it for a few years now. Tried rolling back to older drivers - 3.xx, 4.xx. That worked for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sktn77a, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sktn77a Win User

Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10

A longtime problem for many. I've been dealing with it for a few years now. Tried rolling back to older drivers - 3.xx, 4.xx. That worked for a while but with the most recent OS update build 2004 nothing worked. Scouring the internet and getting desperate, I saw a post that said "try a USB 2.0 port". Well, with no other ideas, I tried that. BINGO! Camera is working fine now. I first tried it with the single USB 2.0 port on the front of my computer. Not wanting to have a cable dangling down the front of the computer, I used a USB2.0 hub into a USB3.0 port on the back of my computer. Works fine!

So give it a try before you throw your Microsoft Webcam out!

:)

sktn77a, Jun 29, 2020

2. how do I install the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema on my Windows 10 computer??

Hi Dale,

To install Microsoft Lifecam Cinema on your Windows 10 computer, follow the steps below:

• Insert the LifeCam Software disc in the CD/DVD-ROM drive, and then run the setup to start the
      Installation Wizard.
    • Connect the USB cable of the LifeCam Cinema to the USB port when the software prompts you to. Follow the guided prompts in the Installation Wizard to complete the setup.
    • Microsoft Lifecam Cinema should now be installed. Press the Windows key and search for
      Microsoft LifeCam to launch the program.

Note: For Windows 8 and above, additional software is not required. For more information, visit this
    link.

We look forward to hearing from you regarding the steps that we’ve provided.

Lizette Ags, Jun 29, 2020
  3. My LifeCame Cinema webcam is always on. Why?

I upgraded my desktop PC over a week ago, from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've got a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema webcam on it. It is working, but the weird thing is that it is always on. Is that due to Cortana needing it for something? Or is that
    just a glitch in the LifeCam driver?

WendyFalanga, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10

1. Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Webcam Cinema

2. Microsoft Lifecam Cinema

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Cinema: I have a brand new Lifecam Cinema.Did plug and playMicrophone works on Teams others can hear meOn Zoom even though the Microsoft Array camera is chosen I can't be heard. When I do test mic it is very faint but on the Zoom I can't be heard at all.The camera function works on...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam Cinema: I have an HP Elitebook 840 G5 that has an integrated webcam. I have a docking station with dual monitor set up so I keep the laptop closed and purchased a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema to use as an external webcam. I am unable to make the LifeCam as the default webcam, so I am...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam Cinema: I have an HP Elitebook 840 G5 that has an integrated webcam. I have a docking station with dual monitor set up so I keep the laptop closed and purchased a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema to use as an external webcam. I am unable to make the LifeCam as the default webcam, so I am...
  5. microsoft lifecam cinema

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft lifecam cinema: l know it says its compatable , but please can l have the software for it as l dont believe the dam computert as its not working the cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lifecam-cinema/909d9be2-1b2b-409c-906a-9676b555f723
  6. microsoft lifecam cinema

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft lifecam cinema: l know it says its compatable , but please can l have the software for it as l dont believe the dam computert as its not working the cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lifecam-cinema/909d9be2-1b2b-409c-906a-9676b555f723
  7. microsoft lifecam cinema

8. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema

Microsoft LifeCam Cinema: Hi, I just bought the webcam Microsoft Lifecam Cinema, partly because reviews made me believe that it would have good picture and possibilities to adjust the picture. It know seems that there are no possibilities at all to manually adjust the picture? Is that right? Right...
  9. LifeCam Cinema HD not working with Windows 10

LifeCam Cinema HD not working with Windows 10: Hi, I purchased a LifeCam Cinema HD Webcam to use in my home office and on receiving it and installing it the camera is not working. The microphone is working fine. The details said it is perfectly suited for the Windows 10 platform that my laptop runs on. Looking on...
  10. Microsoft Wbcan Cinema not working with Windows 10

Microsoft Wbcan Cinema not working with Windows 10: A longtime problem for many. I've been dealing with it for a few years now. Tried rolling back to older drivers - 3.xx, 4.xx. That worked for a while but with the most recent OS update build 2004 nothing worked. Scouring the internet and getting desperate, I saw a post...