Windows 10: Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

Discus and support Microsoft WebP Image Extensions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had the problem of dark images in Windows Preview. I downloaded the WebP Codec from Google and uninstalled the one from Microsoft. Now, everyday the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boraxkarloff, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

I had the problem of dark images in Windows Preview. I downloaded the WebP Codec from Google and uninstalled the one from Microsoft. Now, everyday the Microsoft WebP Image Extensions gets reinstalled by itself. I'm guessing it gets reinstalled when I open Edge. Any way to fix this?

:)

boraxkarloff, Apr 13, 2021

2. Webp Image Extensions

How to terminate Webp Image Extensions

kateswander-smith, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and quick preview for .webp files

I do not known what happen recently but I guess it is related to a windows update.

I was able to quick preview .webp file attachment in outlook 2016, but all of sudden, it is not working anymore.

My file association are now associate with Google Chrome.

I was expecting to see Microsoft Photo in the list of available application to open the .webp files but it not listed.

Any suggestion?

SNicolas1974, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

Open WebP images on Photos app

Hi

How to Open WebP images on
    Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer.

Siamak5561, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

1. Microsoft WebP Image Extensions - Similar Threads - Microsoft WebP Image

2. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  3. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  4. How to Convert WEBP image to JPG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert WEBP image to JPG: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-webp-image-to-jpg/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  5. WebP images are not images

WebP images are not images: WebP images are not treated as images: thumbnails are not displayed, cannot be used as background etc. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-images-are-not-images/82ea8f94-d7af-414d-a6e8-d7255a820e5b"
  6. Open WebP images on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  7. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webp Image Extensions: How to terminate Webp Image Extensions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-image-extensions/42a19481-9715-48fe-a0e4-2fd03382ed9f
  8. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....
  9. HEIF Image Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIF Image Extensions: Dear Support Team, Would it be possible to install HEIF image extensions without internet? Can we download the app first from internet and then install it in other computer? Thanks a lot. (app link:...
  10. Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...