Windows 10: Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

Discus and support Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For over a month, every time my computer goes into sleep mode, ALL OF MY PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. This problem started AFTER a Windows update. I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnisaHaddad1, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

For over a month, every time my computer goes into sleep mode, ALL OF MY PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. This problem started AFTER a Windows update. I have read forum after forum where others have the same, major problem. Work is being lost, but no real answers are being posted. What can I do to stop my laptop described below from closing all programs every time it goes into sleep mode?

Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode? 2ad99d19-b861-44bd-8b7f-b51fda8d9822?upload=true.png

:)

AnisaHaddad1, Jan 28, 2019

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2019
  3. eodowney Win User
    Windows 10 Closing All Programs in Sleep Mode

I updated my computer yesterday and now whenever it goes into sleep mode, it closes all open programs. Hybrid sleep isn't allowed so that's not the issue. It's very annoying because the whole point of me not shutting it down is that I can keep my programs
    open.

eodowney, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

My Win 10 computer does not goes into sleep mode

Hello comunity please help me with this issue

I have a Lenovo laptop with Win 10, since a couple of month ago, I´m having one issue, my computer doesn´t goes into sleep mode, when i click on sleep in the power options it seems to go into sleep, but it does it for a couple of minutes, and then the computer
    comes backs on.

Plesa help me, I don´t know what to do, I use sleep mode alot

JaimeSifontes, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

1. Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Microsoft fix closing

2. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  3. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  4. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  5. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  6. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  7. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  8. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  9. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...