Windows 10: #microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app

Discus and support #microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app this has been going on for some time with no resolution at least 5/6 insider updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekBurman, Sep 15, 2018.

1. #microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app

When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app this has been going on for some time with no resolution at least 5/6 insider updates, rather this problem need an update to resolve it all of the advice shown has not helped so far, be nice if Microsoft admin dealt with this ongoing problem

:)

DerekBurman, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 15, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

#microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

#microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app

1. #microsoft When are you going to sort out the Microsoft Mail & Calendar app - Similar Threads - #microsoft are going

2. MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?: I really like the Phone Link app but because it never stays connected with my phone, I cannot use it. Very frustrating to have something that is so intermittent. Therefore I disabled it. When is Microsoft going to fix this?...
  3. MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?: I really like the Phone Link app but because it never stays connected with my phone, I cannot use it. Very frustrating to have something that is so intermittent. Therefore I disabled it. When is Microsoft going to fix this?...
  4. Sorting out Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting out Microsoft Store: Hi. I was looking to add some functions to Windows using apps from your Microsoft Store. It took me about 40 seconds to give up, since there doesn't seem to be any option to sort anything. This makes it a mishmash of treasure&trash that I'm most certainly not willing to sift...
  5. Sorting out Microsoft Store

Sorting out Microsoft Store: Hi. I was looking to add some functions to Windows using apps from your Microsoft Store. It took me about 40 seconds to give up, since there doesn't seem to be any option to sort anything. This makes it a mishmash of treasure&trash that I'm most certainly not willing to sift...
  6. Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down

Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down: When I start Microsoft Mail & Calendar app on PC it will shutdown after 5 seconds then disappears from my task bar. Popup will appear to say I have mail but when I click on it It will start the mail app and shut down after 5 seconds again. I have tried uninstalling,...
  7. Microsoft Windows Mail and Calendar App problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Mail and Calendar App problem.: Hi, For some time I have problem with mail application. When I open Mail application and type keyword in search box and press Enter, Mail application show me match mails below. When i press any one of them they start dissapearing and list get's empty. that I can repeat...
  8. Microsoft Mail and Calendar App

Microsoft Mail and Calendar App: Email will not sync. It works just fine in Outlook put dot in Windows mail. I get error code 0x8007274d. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-and-calendar-app/3cb74ad8-d769-4c05-9a71-404d4be058d6
  9. Mails not sent and go to draft using Microsoft Mails & calendar apps

Mails not sent and go to draft using Microsoft Mails & calendar apps: Hello, We are using Office 365 accounts Outlook mails on severals Windows 10 with Microsoft Mails apps. On all of these we have randomly issue when we sent new mails. Sometimes they are sent sometimes they go to draft without any reason. when issue appears we can't sent...
  10. Microsoft Mail and Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Mail and Calendar App: I tried to use MS Mail using subject app - and it looked good....except it kept changing my password and wouldn't work. I noticed there was an earlier closed thread similar to this, but not current and the solution regarded 3rd party firewall, which is not my case. I am using...