Windows 10: Microsoft Whiteboard app causes black screen, and a subsequent crash of explorer.exe

Discus and support Microsoft Whiteboard app causes black screen, and a subsequent crash of explorer.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows Insider preview slow ring, currently on build 19041.173 running on Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. Once I open Whiteboard app from the taskbar, open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zu0107, Apr 10, 2020.

1. /u/zu0107 Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard app causes black screen, and a subsequent crash of explorer.exe

Windows Insider preview slow ring, currently on build 19041.173 running on Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. Once I open Whiteboard app from the taskbar, open a canvas, and start jotting on it, the screen randomly turns off for less than a second a few times, and then complete black. I was doing a practice speaking test at the moment, and the sound kept playing after the screen went black, so I assume this is not a kernel panic. This issue is even worse when I have my laptop folded and in table mode, as it just shuts the screen down without blinking. Sometimes, putting my computer in sleep mode (by closing the lid or pressing the power button) and waking it up brings the screen back, but when I sign in, no explorer.exe is running so I have to manually execute it from task manager. Sometimes even that don't work so I just force-shutdown the machine.

Sorry for not including screenshots; it happens spontaneously so I couldn't get it on camera.

submitted by /u/zu0107
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zu0107, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub

Source: Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub Surface

Brink, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub Surface

Source: Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub Surface

Brink, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard app causes black screen, and a subsequent crash of explorer.exe

New Microsoft Whiteboard app version 19.11125.0 for iOS - December 18

Source: Microsoft Whiteboard on the App Store

Brink, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Whiteboard app causes black screen, and a subsequent crash of explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Microsoft Whiteboard app

2. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  3. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  4. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer explorer.exe causes black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe causes black screen?: I was testing the prevalence of my laptop's screen turning black, since it's been an issue for me for a while. I've found it to be common for the screen to turn black during gaming. However, I've recently gotten the luck for my screen to turn black for only a short moment,...
  6. Windows Explorer explorer.exe causes black screen?

Windows Explorer explorer.exe causes black screen?: I was testing the prevalence of my laptop's screen turning black, since it's been an issue for me for a while. I've found it to be common for the screen to turn black during gaming. However, I've recently gotten the luck for my screen to turn black for only a short moment,...
  7. Microsoft's New Whiteboard App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft's New Whiteboard App: Hello,Since my system was updated to the new MS Whiteboard version, I can no longer launch it using the Windows Ink Workspace taskbar button. It will launch if I go through the Start Menu, but that defeats the purpose of the shortcut taskbar button!Any ideas for a fix?Thank...
  8. Microsoft's New Whiteboard App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft's New Whiteboard App: Hello,Since my system was updated to the new MS Whiteboard version, I can no longer launch it using the Windows Ink Workspace taskbar button. It will launch if I go through the Start Menu, but that defeats the purpose of the shortcut taskbar button!Any ideas for a fix?Thank...
  9. Microsoft's New Whiteboard App

10. Explorer crashing with Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer crashing with Black Screen: ENGLISH: Hi guys. My Windows 10 operating system has build 21H2 and Home Edition. Sometimes my explorer completely goes insane, dies and even flashes activity and search centers. Please help me! ITALIANO: Ciao ragazzi. Il mio sistema operativo Windows 10 ha build 21H2 e...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows whiteboard crashes pc