Windows 10: Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions

Discus and support Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good Day Our company would like to enable Whiteboard for usage however I am unable to find material on: - Where is Whiteboard info saved when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdinJacobs, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions

Good Day

Our company would like to enable Whiteboard for usage however I am unable to find material on:

- Where is Whiteboard info saved when either using a Win 10 device , Android or IOS, , we don't use surface books. (this is via the app and web client ) ? - I saw another article mentioning one drive storage.

- Can you specify where the data is stored ?

- Is the saved Whiteboard information encrypted at rest ?

- Is the content using ssl/tls when the data is in transit ?

- is there file level encryption?

- Can you share to only specific people ?

- Does Whiteboard have external sharing ?

- Can you control external sharing in whiteboard ?

- how is authentication being performed ?

- Can Whiteboard use Conditional access such as MFA ?

- Are there any auditing and logging for Whiteboard ?

- is there data retention for Whiteboard ?

In addition:

Before allowing this application I would like to ensure that the data is safe.

Please advise what controls can be put in place ?

Thank you

:)

AdinJacobs, Sep 9, 2019
  2. DN1c Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard

I created a new whiteboard and drew something on it. When finished, I deleted this whiteboard and a previous whiteboard was deleted as well. How can I recover the first whiteboard?

Thanks

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Store

DN1c, Sep 9, 2019
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Microsoft Whiteboard crashes almost anytime someone tries to join a session. How to fix?

I was unable to perform the steps specific to Office, because Microsoft Whiteboard wasn't included with Microsoft Office. Whiteboard was installed separately.

However I did figure out something that seems to work. I went to Settings → Apps & Features → Whiteboard → Reset and it seems to be working now.

XNam360, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions

Microsoft account - Are security questions removed after I enabled the 2-step verification?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Generally, a security question is helpful to recover your Microsoft account password, when you lose access to it. Enabling Two-step verification won't effect your security question, instead it is an advanced security feature that makes it harder for someone
    to break in to your account with just a stolen password. To replace your security info

• Go to
      Security settings
      , and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• If you’re asked to enter a security code to continue, and you can’t get that code, choose
      I don't have any of these or I can't verify my account from the drop-down list, then follow the instructions to reset your security info.

• On the Security settings page, your security info is under Security info helps keep your account secure. Choose
      Remove for any you want to remove. You may be prompted to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

If you remove all of your security info, there’s a 30-day wait during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options. During this period you can still use your email, Skype,
    OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you’ll be notified that the wait is over and it’s time to enter new security info.

Learn more

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions

1. Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement - security questions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Whiteboard Enablement

2. microsoft whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft whiteboard: Hello.Today i open microsoft whiteboard after a lot of months.I see a new interface and the ruler is missing.Is that normal?Microsoft has remove this tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whiteboard/e913ca1f-a091-41fe-86b8-5954030b5a37
  3. microsoft whiteboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft whiteboard: Hello.Today i open microsoft whiteboard after a lot of months.I see a new interface and the ruler is missing.Is that normal?Microsoft has remove this tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whiteboard/e913ca1f-a091-41fe-86b8-5954030b5a37
  4. Microsoft Whiteboard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Whiteboard: With the new update on the Whiteboard, I can't find a way to add a PDF.It used to be a simple and straightforward procedure before the update.How to do it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whiteboard/2ae7b3f6-e9a8-4dcf-bff0-91228c289789
  5. Microsoft Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Whiteboard: I need to remove the icons associated with my Microsoft account from the upper right corner of a Whiteboard document. Since I have to record lessons, having these icons appear on every video I have to make looks completely unprofessional. I can't, for the life of me, figure...
  6. Microsoft whiteboard

Microsoft whiteboard: Is there a way to get a color wheel in Microsoft whiteboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whiteboard/b015f4a8-9809-470c-9c16-fbc84d3585bb
  7. Microsoft whiteboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft whiteboard: While using my Deco 01 V2 drawing tablet on Microsoft board, i can't seem to turn off "active pen" in settings even though i turned it on from the pen settings to allow the pen usage as a mouse. Can anyone help? I have school coming up in a few days. submitted by...
  8. Microsoft Whiteboard

Microsoft Whiteboard: Hi, I am working on a drawing in Microsoft Whiteboard. I find it very annoying every time the whiteboard zooms in or out. Is there any way I can temporarily disable or turn it on or off to speed up what I am doing? Regards, Edgardo Jr....
  9. Whiteboard security and privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whiteboard security and privacy: Good Day I am struggling to find answers on some security and privacy questions related to Whiteboard. - Where is Whiteboard info saved when either using a Win 10 device , Android or IOS, , we don't use surface books. (this is via the app and web client ) ? - I saw another...
  10. Enable Microsoft Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Microsoft Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The most recent version of Microsoft Whiteboard has many new capabilities — including persisted whiteboards, enhanced collaboration, and support for Windows. In today’s post, we’ll see how to enable Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub. You...