Windows 10: Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

Discus and support Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it it's not bad... Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ANTHONY KUZUB, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it it's not bad...

Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them up, I'm out of luck for 2 months worth of notes that were stored on my machine without me being able to back them up or restore them because they were "store" and "synced with the cloud"

The other day I noticed ERROR unsaved changes around my whiteboard documents.

I tried to rectify this by logging out and logging back in but of course the program crashed in this recovery step.

I removed the application and re-installed logged in using my MS work account and only files synced in January are there.

Just insane entrapment of data by forcing the user to use this cloud services that are actually out of my control. Just shameful.

I want to know, is there ANY way of recovering the locally stored files? I KNOW they were on my computer before the sync stopped AND after it stopped.

<The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator>

:)

ANTHONY KUZUB, Apr 17, 2019
  2. DN1c Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard

I created a new whiteboard and drew something on it. When finished, I deleted this whiteboard and a previous whiteboard was deleted as well. How can I recover the first whiteboard?

Thanks

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Store

3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Whiteboard version 1.1811022 for iOS - November 13

Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform intelligent canvas where teams can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for pen and touch, it lets you write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, while automatically recognizing and transforming shapes and tables as you draw. It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit and comment directly on the canvas in real time, no matter where they are. And all your work stays safe in the cloud, ready to be picked back up from another location or device.

Lot's of new Whiteboard goodness in this release. Smash that UPDATE button to:
    • Lock any image to the whiteboard background and never worry about accidentally erasing, moving or having to recreate template-like content again.
    • Make sure your whiteboard is easy for people of all abilities to read and edit with a new Accessibility Checker.
    • Access improved sticky note editing experience. Just double tap to add text & let your ideas flow fast.
    • Your recognized shapes and tables now have a hand-drawn effect applied to them to help you impress your peers with your penmanship.
    • When opening a whiteboard, we now show you a fancy loading animation to help pass the time (and so you don't sit wondering if anything is happening).
    • A sprinkling of usability, performance and bug fixes to make your whiteboarding experience a bit more polished.

Source: Microsoft Whiteboard on the App Store

Brink, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub

Source: Set the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Surface Hub Surface

Brink, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

1. Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes - Similar Threads - Microsoft Whiteboard Lost

2. Microsoft Whiteboard sharing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Whiteboard sharing issues: So I was so happy that I can finally share everything what I've done in my Whiteboard with my friends. But apparently there is some kind of issues there. Cause every time anybody trying to log in on web to take a look at my white board - they can't I even made a new...
  3. Lost Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Sticky Notes: Hello, Last night my computer updated and I lost some important Sticky Notes that were on my desktop. I have tried the instructions from previous years about this topic, and I have not had any success. Thanks!...
  4. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Lagging - 2 months old.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Book 2 Lagging - 2 months old.: Hello all, I am writing this in a last ditch effort before chucking my surface book 2 out of the window. My surface book 2 is slow or lagging half of the time I am using it. It is usually right after opening and then takes about 10-20 minutes for it to figure itself out,...
  5. Lost Sticky Notes

Lost Sticky Notes: I had been using Windows 10 for about a year without a Windows ID and was very satisfied. During that time I had collected 50 - 60 sticky notes that were important to me. About a month ago I had a need to use OneDrive and used a gmail account and its password for my id. I...
  6. Lost One Note

Lost One Note: . I have 2 microsoft accounts with using the same email. One work and 1 personal. I have 2 user accounts on my PC. I cannot access my my One Note account. I no longer have access to my school email account. When trying to log on to the work account, Microsoft redirects me to...
  7. Lost Sticky Note

Lost Sticky Note: Suddenly I have lost some Sticky Notes. How to recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sticky-note/59d46d7e-b9f2-42b4-89cf-9ae1c0a77c74
  8. Enable Microsoft Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Microsoft Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The most recent version of Microsoft Whiteboard has many new capabilities — including persisted whiteboards, enhanced collaboration, and support for Windows. In today’s post, we’ll see how to enable Whiteboard to Whiteboard collaboration in Surface Hub. You...
  9. lost notes

lost notes: I was working on OneNote yesterday and accidentally deleted an important page of notes. This page of notes was rather important to me, and I would like to recover it, yet I can find no record of it in my recycle bin and cannot seem to find any other copy of it on my computer....
  10. Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10

Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10: Hello, I had a ton of Stiky Notes, really important to me. Today the app decided not to open at all, so I restored it, the description literally says that windows will reinstall it and that my documents won't be affected.... guess what, it deleted all my my sticky notes!!!!...