Windows 10: Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge?

Discus and support Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on my win10 computer suddenly I cannot open any links in any of my emails in Chrome.I'm hearing that Microsoft has made it so you HAVE to use Edge. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meenie66, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Meenie66 Win User

Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge?

on my win10 computer suddenly I cannot open any links in any of my emails in Chrome.I'm hearing that Microsoft has made it so you HAVE to use Edge. I don't want Edge. I don't like Edge. Edge doesn't work well on my computer, Chrome works great except for now I can't open my links.
    HOW DO I FIX THIS, MICROSOFT???!!! :

:)

Meenie66, Sep 25, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Cannot open email links in Microsoft Edge/Windows 10

Hi Beckfeld,

Conflicts with the default program settings is one of the possible reasons why your are not able to open any email links using your browsers. To resolve this, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by EricMVan on December 2, 2015.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge?

Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Hello again

These options are not listed for going into the settings of Microsoft Edge. My apologies for the confusion. They are listed for going into the settings of windows. Edge picks up the email address of the Microsoft account that is linked in the Windows settings

TechGuy_82, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge?

1. Microsoft ... why can I only open a link in my email in Edge? - Similar Threads - Microsoft why open

2. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  3. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  4. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can not attachments or links in my email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not attachments or links in my email: i cannot open links or attachments in email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-attachments-or-links-in-my-email/ebe53366-34b3-4670-b17f-35d3e5454161
  6. Why is a link in an incoming email not in blue? I can't open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is a link in an incoming email not in blue? I can't open it: Why can't I open a link in an email? It is in black and not blue so I can't open it. I have been able to in the past. I use Yahoo mail. Windows 10 Google Chrome. I am also tech challenged!...
  7. i cannot open links in my emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i cannot open links in my emails: I cannot open links in my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-links-in-my-emails/4c47bb2a-7672-4096-86a9-2b65371c6243
  8. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked...
  9. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  10. Why can't I clink a link within my email and have it open?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I clink a link within my email and have it open?: Windows 10 .. comcast email .. and sudden onset of this issue. I've received an email from a reputable source and there is a "click here" button to go to an offer. This is my credit card company. When I click, I see the link go out to attempt to connect to the site on the...