Windows 10: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start

Discus and support Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to project my laptop ASUS Zen book Pro Duo to my Sony Android TV via WiFi. In my TV I can see my laptop's name there, means the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaufikHaryanto, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start

Hello,

I'm trying to project my laptop ASUS Zen book Pro Duo to my Sony Android TV via WiFi. In my TV I can see my laptop's name there, means the laptop is detected. The TV name is also detected on my laptop. But when I click and trying to connect, it said the device cannot be connected.

And then I check my device manager and found on the "Network Adapters" there is an error mark Yellow triangle with exclamation symbol on Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2.

When I check on it's status it said

This device cannot start. Code 10

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

And then I tried to update the driver but it said already installed the best driver.

Please help. How should I do.

Thanks

:)

TaufikHaryanto, Sep 19, 2020

2. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Microsoft wi fi direct Virtual Adapter#2

1) how to reconnect Microsoft WI FI Direct Virtual Adapter#2,in device manager is a code45

2)also is disconnected Microsoft ISATAP Adapter(code45)

Apreciate any help how to fix it, Thanks

HectorEdenburg, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - Code 45

Recently I've installed the new windows 10 version 1511 update, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing.

This would be my "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" driver, because prior to the installation of the new update it was working just fine. It seems that is not the case now, as windows claims that it's not functioning properly and has given it a "code 45" flag.

Is there anyway to fix this, or this a problem that's inherent with the new update and can only be fixed by its developers later?

Any advice on my situation would be appreciated, thank you.

I shall also provide pictorial examples to to better express my issue.

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start [​IMG]

Arcturus Fyr, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start

1. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 cannot start - Similar Threads - Microsoft Direct Virtual

2. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?: Who's the resource of windows wifi virtual network & how can I delete them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/be87d69d-492f-4ad5-81f6-307a90bc4cfb
  3. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?: Who's the resource of windows wifi virtual network & how can I delete them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/be87d69d-492f-4ad5-81f6-307a90bc4cfb
  4. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????: My pc has an intel Ax210 wifi card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig/specifications.html. I spent a few weeks trying to create a Wifi hotspot on 5Ghz or use wifi direct on 5Ghz. However, all connections through the Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????: My pc has an intel Ax210 wifi card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig/specifications.html. I spent a few weeks trying to create a Wifi hotspot on 5Ghz or use wifi direct on 5Ghz. However, all connections through the Microsoft...
  7. wi-fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wi-fi direct virtual adapter: My computer will not connect to wi-fi. Seems the wi-fi direct virtual adapter shows a Code 10. Can anyone explain? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/efd78072-3147-4024-90ac-69531e5c301b
  8. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is Evil!

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is Evil!: Tonight I finally have confirmation that my Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter is not bad. Something in Windows 10 is bad. I have been dealing with this problem for a few months. In the system tray it shows the Wi-fi icon and it works for say 10 hours then it...
  9. No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter: This wifi adapter is completely missing, been accidentally deleted, and I cannot find out where I can go to download the driver to reinstall. Microsoft, Asus, etc??? This is a self built system. Windows 10 64bit, just recently updated. Thanks!...
  10. Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter

Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter: I disabled this driver and now i am not able to enable it which is preventing my pc from being used as a wifi hotspot.The driver is showing the error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). I tried updating the driver and scan for...