Windows 10: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003

Discus and support Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Miracast to connect my laptop Lenovo W540 to my Philips TV 43PUS6554/12 and use it as a second monitor. The thing is that I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by I.St., Dec 1, 2020.

1. I.St. Win User

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003

Hello,

I'm using Miracast to connect my laptop Lenovo W540 to my Philips TV 43PUS6554/12 and use it as a second monitor.

The thing is that I'm experiencing numerous connection interruption and after digging a lot of information I found out that Miracast events are logged to WLAN-AutoConfig in the Event viewer. So I checked them and saw:

Event ID: 11004

Wireless security stopped.

Network Adapter: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #5

Interface GUID: {72298b0b-5018-4929-9caa-a0aa3c4b4807}

Local MAC Address: EA:2A:EA:76:CF:E1

Network SSID: DIRECT-I1IVOHEAx

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Security Hint: The operation was successful.

Event ID: 8008

AutoConfig service has begun to stop the hosted network.

SSID: DIRECT-I1IVOHEAx

Event ID: 8003

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #5
    Connection Mode: Manual connection with a profile
    Profile Name: WFD_GROUP_OWNER_PROFILE
    SSID: DIRECT-I1IVOHEAx
    BSS Type: Infrastructure
    Reason: The network is disconnected by the user.

I don't understand what's causing it. There is no error event, only information.

My Wi-Fi card is IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, Bluetooth is OFF. My connection at home is 2.4GHz so I changed a few things in the Wi-Fi Card settings:

802.11a/b/g Wireless mode: from 6 to 4

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003 a2d1c849-fc1a-411a-95a1-d19c722601f2?upload=true.png

Roaming Aggressiveness: from 3 to 1

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003 f22061ad-549f-42d6-85c6-a5ac6bd9c886?upload=true.png

Preferred Band: from 1 to 2

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003 9c3039fd-445a-4276-89ef-9e16e550a665?upload=true.png

I reinstalled the Wi-Fi drivers todaydownloaded from Lenovo's website, but the problem persists.

:)

I.St., Dec 1, 2020

2. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your interest in windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter on Windows 10 and I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Wi-Fi network adapters that support Wi-Fi Direct (WFD) must be configured to allow the power state to be turned off by Windows. If the power state cannot be changed by Windows, the "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter"
    will not be bound to the physical interface after resume and will be removed by a timeout.

Please refer to the Microsoft article link below, to fix your issue and check, if it works.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2863207

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 1, 2020
  4. zc2712 Win User

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003

Microsoft Direct Virtual Wi-Fi Adapter

How can I remove Microsoft Virtual Direct Wi Fi Adapter.

I see under device manager I see Microsoft virtual direct wi fi adapter. If I remove it, delete it , it comes back. I can only disable it.

This is what I know and I investigated to find out.

**** This is a feature which is used to create hotspot make the pc/laptop as a hotspot for other computers to connect to or covertly connect to the computer. ( my issue on my laptop ).

problem:

when I do ipconfig/all it list a Microsoft Direct virtual Wi-Fi Adapter as active. even though I never activated this, I don't even know how to activate this.

I am try to deactivate virtual adapter. I am not able to do .

I tried using netsh wlan disallow.., it doesn't work. it the virtual adapter stays activated.

I also tried network reset, no change.

I formatted hard drive and reinstalled windows. no change.

I used recovery media to wipe out hard drive and install the factory defaults. no effect.

I have windows 10 home edition. ( this windows is not even compatible with hyper-v virtual features.

I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE OR DE-ACTIVATE THIS VIRTUAL ADAPTER.

I have contacted Lenovo, they couldn't help me.

I called couple of support professional website they couldn't help they didn't know much about network/adapters.

need help!!!

zc2712, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter keeps turning off itself. Event ID 11004, 8008, 8003 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Direct Virtual

2. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?: Who's the resource of windows wifi virtual network & how can I delete them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/be87d69d-492f-4ad5-81f6-307a90bc4cfb
  3. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?: Who's the resource of windows wifi virtual network & how can I delete them?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/be87d69d-492f-4ad5-81f6-307a90bc4cfb
  4. What is a Microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????: My pc has an intel Ax210 wifi card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig/specifications.html. I spent a few weeks trying to create a Wifi hotspot on 5Ghz or use wifi direct on 5Ghz. However, all connections through the Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Limitations ????: My pc has an intel Ax210 wifi card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig/specifications.html. I spent a few weeks trying to create a Wifi hotspot on 5Ghz or use wifi direct on 5Ghz. However, all connections through the Microsoft...
  7. wi-fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wi-fi direct virtual adapter: My computer will not connect to wi-fi. Seems the wi-fi direct virtual adapter shows a Code 10. Can anyone explain? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/efd78072-3147-4024-90ac-69531e5c301b
  8. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is Evil!

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is Evil!: Tonight I finally have confirmation that my Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter is not bad. Something in Windows 10 is bad. I have been dealing with this problem for a few months. In the system tray it shows the Wi-fi icon and it works for say 10 hours then it...
  9. No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter: This wifi adapter is completely missing, been accidentally deleted, and I cannot find out where I can go to download the driver to reinstall. Microsoft, Asus, etc??? This is a self built system. Windows 10 64bit, just recently updated. Thanks!...
  10. Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter

Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter: I disabled this driver and now i am not able to enable it which is preventing my pc from being used as a wifi hotspot.The driver is showing the error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). I tried updating the driver and scan for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. nu vot