Windows 10: Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft announced S Mode for Windows 10 and phased out Windows 10 S. The “S” doesn’t stand for anything in particular, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10

Earlier this year, Microsoft announced S Mode for Windows 10 and phased out Windows 10 S. The “S” doesn’t stand for anything in particular, but Microsoft says Windows 10 in S Mode is streamlined for simplicity, security and speed. Windows 10 in S Mode only allows the installation of apps from Microsoft Store (formerly Windows Store).

Windows 10 in S Mode basically restricts the use of Win32 software. It’s designed for low-end devices in the education market, and Microsoft is still committed to the project.

Microsoft is readying a feature called Switch to S Mode. The company is still working on Switch to S Mode feature and it will launch with Windows 10 Redstone 5. It would allow you to easily switch to the S Mode from the Settings app.

As noted above, it’s a seamless process so you will be able to enable it with a few taps. You can switch to Windows 10 S by following the on-screen instructions in the settings app. The feature is already available in Windows 10 Build 17686, the most recent preview of Windows 10. The S Mode will likely be a feature of the Redstone 5 update due in the fall.

Microsoft is still testing the feature, and while you can find the settings for S mode, it doesn’t work and redirects to the activation page.

It appears that the process of enabling and disabling Windows 10 S Mode would be very seamless, which means that you can also disable the feature and easily boot to the full operating system. In other words, Microsoft could allow users to go both ways, you can return back to full Windows 10 without reinstalling the OS manually.

It’s worth noting that you can still enable S Mode in Windows 10 April 2018 Update, but the process is not easy and to go back, you would need to re-install the operating system using an image.

Windows 10 S Mode will get convenient and straightforward with Redstone 5 update. Microsoft is still working on S Mode, and it will continue to evolve in Windows 10, as further improvements are also planned.

Microsoft is expected to launch Windows 10 Redstone 5 in October, so by the time it gets the green light for the public, more changes will make their way to the OS in this regard.

The post Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018

2. How to enable developer mode in Windows 10

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below to enable Developer Mode via Group Policy and check.

1. Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to the following setting:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App Package Deployment

2. You will need to edit and Enable the following two policies

• Allow all trusted apps to install
    • Allows development of Windows Store apps and installing them from an integrated development environment (IDE

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10

1. Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft allow users

2. How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily: Hi there,I'm just wondering, according to this articlehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-119f-031bfb28a307#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridge, users can switch out of S-mode by themselves, but would there...
  3. How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily: Hi there,I'm just wondering, according to this articlehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-119f-031bfb28a307#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridge, users can switch out of S-mode by themselves, but would there...
  4. Enable S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable S Mode: Hello everyone,we want to try using Windows 11 S in our company. We found the deployment lab on the Microsoft website but we don't really understand what it is asking us to do, if I may say... it's not well written at all. Does anyone have a guide we could follow to enable s...
  5. Enable S Mode

Enable S Mode: Hello everyone,we want to try using Windows 11 S in our company. We found the deployment lab on the Microsoft website but we don't really understand what it is asking us to do, if I may say... it's not well written at all. Does anyone have a guide we could follow to enable s...
  6. how to enable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  7. how to enable s mode

how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  8. how to enable s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How to Enable S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable S mode in Windows 10: How to Enable S mode in Windows 10 Windows 10 in S mode is a mode that can be applied to a Windows edition to enable a productive Windows experience that's streamlined for security and performanace. By exclusively using apps in the Microsoft Store and ensuring that you...
  10. Enable S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable S mode in Windows 10: How to: Enable S mode in Windows 10 How to Enable S mode in Windows 10 Windows 10 in S mode is a mode that can be applied to a Windows edition to enable a productive Windows experience that's streamlined for security and performanace. By exclusively using apps in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable s mode

2. how to enable s mode

3. enable windows 10 s mode

4. enable s mode windows 10,
  5. Enable S mode in settings,
  6. reactivate s mode,
  7. can you enable s mode after disabled it,
  8. how do i check the setting of my S mode in windows,
  9. if you switch out of s mode you cant switch bak