Windows 10: Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates

Discus and support Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 can download and install updates automatically when they are available. Although users are supposed to keep their desktop OS up-to-date,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 5, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates

Windows 10 can download and install updates automatically when they are available. Although users are supposed to keep their desktop OS up-to-date, sometimes we might have good reason to delay an update.

For example, your favourite application is incompatible with the update and you want the download to take only when the developer has addressed the compatibility issues. The major updates can also break functionalities or apps and if you’d prefer to wait until the bugs are squashed, you can delay the updates.

In Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise edition, Microsoft allows users to delay the updates directly from the Settings app. You can delay the update by tweaking the settings found under Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Choose when updates are installed.

This setting basically allows users and businesses to delay the updates until they’re sure everything works. Another quickest way to delay the update is to turn on the Pause Updates and delay the update for 35 days.

Unfortunately, you won’t find the above options if you’re using Windows 10 Home. In Windows 10 Home, you can delay the update by telling the system that you’re you’re using a metered connection but this trick may not work in long run.

This behaviour is about to change as the software giant is working on a new feature which can delay the updates for up to seven days.

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates New-Windows-Update.jpg

In Windows 10 19H1 preview builds, Microsoft has introduced a new “Pause Updates for 7 days” option in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to allow you to pause updates for seven days.

Interestingly, the feature works on Windows 10 Home but Windows 10 Professional users still have more control as they can pause updates for up to 35 days.

The post Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 5, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, Jan 5, 2019
  4. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally allow

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 will finally allow you to reclaim reserved storage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will finally allow you to reclaim reserved storage: Windows 10 works best with more disk space and low disk space is not optimal to run the operating system. Microsoft has always allowed users to run Windows 10 on devices with skimpy storage space, but the May 2019 Update introduced ‘Reserved Storage’, which reserves a portion...
  6. Does Windows 10 home allow me to priortize users on laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Windows 10 home allow me to priortize users on laptop?: Just updated my wife's Laptop from Win7 home to Win 10 home. Started with new hard drive and fresh install of Win 10. Created 2 administrator accounts - one for each of us. My account always comes up first and logs in automatically when I power on the computer. We have to log...
  7. Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates: The reports suggested that Microsoft will allow users with Windows 10 Home license to pause updates for a maximum of 35 days. In the latest announcement, Microsoft has confirmed that all Windows 10 users will be allowed to delay feature and monthly updates for a certain...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days: Microsoft’s next big update to Windows 10 is codenamed 19H1 and it is projected to go live next month. Windows 10 April 2019 Update (version 1903) will finally provide users with Windows 10 Home license to pause quality updates for a limited period of time. Back in January,...
  9. Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates: "Only Windows 10 Professional users can pause Windows updates today, but that’s about to change. Windows 10 Home users will soon be able to pause updates ..." Source: Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates Like throwing a bone. *really 124758
  10. Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates: Windows 10 Home users are not allowed to defer system updates, and as we’ve recently found out, they weren't even allowed to disable app updates in the Windows Store, so all new versions that were released through the store were automatically installed on their PCs. Today,...