Windows 10: Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues

Discus and support Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 November 2019 Update is a minor release but it reportedly breaks search feature in File Explorer on a number of devices. Microsoft is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues

Windows 10 November 2019 Update is a minor release but it reportedly breaks search feature in File Explorer on a number of devices. Microsoft is apparently aware of the bug and a fix is in the pipeline, but it looks like the users’ feedback wouldn’t be heard for another month.

A widely reported bug in November 2019 Update breaks down File Explorer search by freezing the search panel when the box is selected for input. The unresponsive search box is the result of Microsoft’s unified search experience for File Explorer which allows users to preview items such as files and pictures as they type.

File Explorer’s updated search experience could be helpful for some users, but many have also complained that right-click support in the search box is disabled after the Windows 10 version 1909.

Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues File-Explorer.jpg

As we previously reported, Microsoft has already developed fixes for these bugs and the company has shipped the changes to Windows 10 20H1 users in the Windows Insider program.

The production devices should be getting fixes for these issues rather sooner than later, but Microsoft’s program manager has revealed that the company will only investigate the bug present in the production builds after the holidays.

According to his tweet, the bug wouldn’t be fixed until after the holidays because it is not a ‘critical issue’.

“Some of us are taking a holiday break which means tweeting about things that aren’t work related etc. We will look into this but since it’s not a pressing issue, we may not get traction until after the holidays. Thanks,” Brandon LeBlanc tweeted.

As it is the holidays, Microsoft could hold the fixes until the February Patch Tuesday or we can expect them in late January as optional cumulative updates. The fixes included in optional cumulative updates are part of the next Patch Tuesday rollout.

The post Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 30, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues :p

Frick, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft investigate File

2. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  3. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  4. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with file explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey, guys, I keep facing this issue where the name of the file change to random characters. like this And I keep seeing that the file is encrypted (which i did not do).......
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer Issues: Hi, I have been having problems with my file explorer for a while now, however I have just noticed it recently. Let me explain the "symptoms" that I am having: 1 When I double-click the File Explorer icon in an attempt to open it, my screen turns black for a split second,...
  7. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials: Last month, we reported about one new issue in Windows 10 that could disrupt the Credentials Manager, making it difficult for consumers and even business customers to log in to certain apps, such as Google Chrome. In addition, this nasty bug could also log you out of your...
  8. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s important security patch is causing performance issues including frame-rate drops and Blue Screen of Death errors. Some...
  9. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues: Windows 10 KB4549951, which was released on April 14 with security fixes, is reportedly plagued with serious issues for some users. The update is only available for consumers with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, and the patch contains security fixes. Initially, users who...
  10. windows 10 file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 file explorer issue: I have one small issue. I was using win 7 and got upgraded to win 10 and everything was working fine. I have been using win 10 since August or September 2015. recently the location of the file explorer changed from the left side to the right side and I am not able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a correlation between windows operation sysytem 7 and file explorer issues?