Windows 10: Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; 2018 hasn’t been a great year for Microsoft as the major Windows 10 update was rolled out with some bugs. Last month Microsoft released and pulled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 14, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates

2018 hasn’t been a great year for Microsoft as the major Windows 10 update was rolled out with some bugs. Last month Microsoft released and pulled Windows 10 October 2018 Update after users reported that files were being deleted during installation.

In a blog post, Microsoft acknowledged that the bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update should never have happened and the company has revealed it will work more carefully to ensure the update quality. Microsoft says it’s committed to never making the same mistake twice and the entire team will pay more attention to the quality of the updates.

The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is being re-released today, Microsoft confirmed in multiple blog posts.

“With Windows 10 alone we work to deliver quality to over 700 million monthly active Windows 10 devices, over 35 million application titles with greater than 175 million application versions, and 16 million unique hardware / driver combinations,” writes Michael Fortin, corporate vice president of Windows in a blog post.

Despite the Windows 10 October 2018 Update incident, the data shows that the number of issues is declining with each update and Microsoft says it will continue to pay more attention to the quality of the updates it ships to users.

For example, users were pleased with the quality of April 2018 Update, according to the ration of promoters and detractors of and from Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

“Our goal is to provide everyone with only the best experiences on Windows, and we take all feedback seriously. We are committed to learn from each occurrence, and to rigorously apply the lessons to improve both our products and the transparency around our process,” Microsoft noted.

Microsoft says it will ensure more transparency on the work it does on updates and inform customers about the important decision it makes.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update is being rolled out gradually and you will get it soon. The users are recommended to wait for the update notification rather than checking for updates manually via Settings or Media Creation Tool.

Microsoft will continue to release two updates a year and the next major Windows 10 update codenamed 19H1 is due in the spring of 2019. The beta testers (Insiders) can already test it in Fast and Slow rings.

The rollout of Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates Check-for-updates.jpg

After fixing all critical issues in the update, the Windows maker released the update to users worldwide yesterday but it’s important to understand not everyone is getting it now.

Windows 10 version 1809 is being rolled out in stages and you will receive the update only if the system and the drivers are compatible. Microsoft is not going to repeat the same mistake twice and to ensure that the update is flawless, it could take longer until version 1809 becomes available for all systems worldwide.

The post Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 14, 2018

2. Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Reefer86 Win User

Reefer86, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft will pay more attention to the quality of Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft pay more

2. Is Microsoft even paying attention to their Family Safety program? Doesn't seem like it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft even paying attention to their Family Safety program? Doesn't seem like it...: The number of unanswered questions & issues on this thread is absurd. They have a product that is supposed to keep kids safe but isn't working and there's no commitment or statement from MS support indicating that they're aware of the issue and actively working to address. Do...
  3. Is Microsoft even paying attention to their Family Safety program? Doesn't seem like it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft even paying attention to their Family Safety program? Doesn't seem like it...: The number of unanswered questions & issues on this thread is absurd. They have a product that is supposed to keep kids safe but isn't working and there's no commitment or statement from MS support indicating that they're aware of the issue and actively working to address. Do...
  4. Microsoft should pay attention to the Teredo Tunneling Adapter issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft should pay attention to the Teredo Tunneling Adapter issue: I find myself extremely frustrated trying to solve the online connectivity issues in Forza Horizon 4 and many other people experience the same troubles and feel the same way. I can scroll through pages of help boards with questions and answers and get a working answer I bet...
  5. Attention needed - Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Attention needed - Windows Update: I just noticed this warning earlier this week and can't seem to get rid of it even though there are no pending or delayed updates. Never had this issue before were the warning persisted. [img] Windows Update shows I'm up to date... [img] Yes, I'm aware of the "Some...
  6. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  7. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  8. Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates: From time to time, we’ve seen reports of Windows Update installing device drivers that are not compatible with the new versions of the OS. Windows 10 drivers are often accidentally pushed to devices and incompatible drivers cause various issues including BSOD on some...
  9. what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer: I was cleaning out old things and found an old printer which was a free gift of buying laptop computer , never used, Epson stylus C45, likely 10+ years, filled with dust, all cleaned up, it also came with ink cartridge . What should I do ? Clean out the dust and start using...
  10. Windows 10 version 1809: pay attention to Disk Cleanup settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809: pay attention to Disk Cleanup settings: Disk Cleanup is a useful tool integrated in Windows that users may run to delete temporary files and old data to free up storage space. Microsoft revealed plans recently to deprecate the Disk Cleanup tool in favor of a similar feature integrated into the Settings app of the...