Windows 10: Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..

Discus and support Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier today, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be released at the end of July on the 29th. In the FAQ's that the company posted about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 31, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..

Source

:)

labeeman, May 31, 2015
  2. Vishnukv Win User

Windows update

What's the difference between pre-release os( technical preview update) and general release windows phone 10.

Vishnukv, May 31, 2015
  3. xterminal Win User
    Windows 10 release version + 4tb internal hard drive = too slow to work

Hard drives have neither a modifiable chipset nor a BIOS.

Also, that solution makes sense if it didn't work under pre-release versions of Windows 10 as well, but since it worked perfectly under all pre-release versions, and only the release version has this problem, that is much more indicative of a change made
    to the software between pre-release and release versions. Was anything done to the generic hard drive drivers between the last pre-release version and the release version?

xterminal, May 31, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

So it won't be downloaded in one neat ESD then? Not sure that's good news if we can't use that route to make a clean install?

DavidY, May 31, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    I would think you could grab the ESD when you begin the upgrade.

6. I'm fairly positive you will be able to clean install. Microsoft is just giving less tech savvy users an easy way to upgrade. If it is pre-loaded on their machines it makes it a much easier update. Less server strain on Micorsoft if lots of users download and much quicker install for those upgrading

welcometoheaven, May 31, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Also good for people that have metered connections, if it uses BITS. Picture wanting to upgrade and your pre-paid STOPS DEAD*Eek. If it can resume where it left off, great.

Cliff S, May 31, 2015
  8. Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..

This is great news for me

Instead of getting an option to download it on the 29th and spending 5+hours downloading, it will be there just ready to install on that day

paulsalter, May 31, 2015
  9. unifex Win User
    Personally, I'll wait and install it later, when I am sure I can get an ISO with the new OS. I will not do the upgrade. I honestly don't care about the date.

unifex, Jun 1, 2015
  10. strollin Win User
    Same here. I'm in no rush to move to Win 10.

strollin, Jun 1, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I am, on my Win8.1 desktop at least. On Windows 10 the Input Indicator doesn't have a life of it's own like on 8. It pops up like an unannounced visit from the inlaws.

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2015
  12. Mustang Win User
    Unless it's an ISO that can be burnt to an installation DVD for clean, stand alone install, I won't be using it. I'll wait.

Mustang, Jun 1, 2015
  13. strollin Win User

I don't have that issue.

strollin, Jun 1, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    The indicator or the inlaws*Wink?

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2015
  15. strollin Win User
    Neither. No indicator and my wife's parents passed before we met.

strollin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your.. - Similar Threads - Microsoft pre load

2. Microsoft announces generally available release of PowerShell 7.0

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces generally available release of PowerShell 7.0: Today, we’re happy to announce the Generally Available (GA) release of PowerShell 7.0! Before anything else, we’d like to thank our many, many open-source contributors for making this release possible by submitting code, tests, documentation, and issue...
  3. Microsoft publishing pre-release Windows 10 feature updates to WSUS Insider

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft publishing pre-release Windows 10 feature updates to WSUS Insider: Today, in response to your feedback, we will begin making pre-release Windows 10 feature updates available to IT administrators using Windows Server Update Service (WSUS). This is the next step in our efforts to provide your organization with the ability to validate...
  4. pre-launching and pre-loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pre-launching and pre-loading: Last week I disabled pre-launching and pre-loading by editing the registry so CCleaner could fully clean Edge. This week both features have been re-enabled and I cannot get to the proper area in the registry to make the same editing entries. Can anybody help with this issue?...
  5. Windows 10 pre-released version(18305)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pre-released version(18305): updated my pc to the pre-released version(18305) and after that the MS Store app keep crashing all the time after a small pop-up, and also Groove app asks for a Media feature pack where Photos app doesn't....
  6. windows 10 pre release

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 pre release: Please tell me more about Windows 10 Insider Preview 18298.1000 (rs_prerelease),does it have any new features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pre-release/ff3186a9-4704-4c96-90a4-abc9bb4edbe0
  7. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3
  8. Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10: Tomorrow, millions of Windows 7 and 8 users will be availing their free upgrade to Windows 10 and it seems that in order to mitigate server load and allow for a smooth and fast upgrade experience, Microsoft has already started pushing the necessary files to users' computers...
  9. Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release: Now that my regular PC running WIN 8.1 pro has been updated to Win 10 Pro how to I update my Win 10 PC to the new Win 10 Release! 13294
  10. How to stop pre loading of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop pre loading of Windows 10?: I have two OS, Win10 and Win 7. Whenever i start my pc, it has started booting Win10 for 1 min and then asked me which OS you want to choose, if i choose Win 7, pc again restart and then it started booting Win7, this whole process time machine took around 3-4 minutes. How can...