Windows 10: Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

Discus and support Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft already sells Surface devices in two sizes — 10 and 12 inches. Later this year, the Surface is going big. Really, really big. Targeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, May 17, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

Source

A Guy, May 17, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

CooooooooooooooooL!. . .just can't wait. . .*Smile

:)

3. Windows 10 upgrade

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface laptop.

Microsoft is requesting me to upgrade the system as it is out of date.

Current system is version 14393, needing to upgrade to 15063.

The Surface computer loads up to 84% then collapses.

I have tried several times but each with the same result.

Advise would be helpful please.

Geoff

Ashburton

New Zealand

GeoffBongard, May 17, 2015
  4. Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

Yeah.. it's a shame.. like to think they would be better than that, they have a list of machines they're supporting.. it's pretty large I guess just because they've had so many models but I guess they just decided on a date to where they would stop supporting..

Actually called their retail site the other day because on their web site they're only offering up to 15 inch laptops for sale and guy told me since a couple of months ago that's the biggest screen size they will be selling.. And that their retail business
    will be completing handled by CDW now...

So that's a big change.. You can still buy their 17 inch machines on Amazon and other sites which came out this year but these will be the last ones they sell..

JohnnyNite, May 17, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Now That's a Winner --84 inch screen !!!!! hardly portable or "Mobile" though !!!!!

IMO the maximum convenient PORTABLE size these days is around 11 inches -- large enough to do sensible work while small enough to be very portable - especially in tight spaces such as on planes etc.

An external docking station greatly enhances a surface Pro when used in a workplace. !!
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  6. z3r010 Win User
    It's not meant to be portable, it's for use in meeting rooms and class rooms etc.

z3r010, May 17, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I know - but I was just having a laugh at the thought of someone trying to get one of those huge screens on a Tram in Manchester during the rush hour !!!.

Still great idea for meeting rooms etc -- hopefully the graphics will be up to it without burning the device out -- high graphics rez cards / chips get mega hot especially if in an enclosed space.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .albeit just the idea of telling your friends. . .*Smile

9. besb Win User
    Dont forget the set of steps to touch the top of the sceen as well even if in a meeting room where it is mounted on a wall.

10. It's ment for presentations and you can run powerpoint presentations on it.

orlbuckeye, May 18, 2015
  11. John035 Win User
    The important question is what resolution would it be?

John035, May 19, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    I know a forums admin who will get one of these as soon as they become available *Smile.

Thema:

1. Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year - Similar Threads - Microsoft sell inch

2. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  3. Inside look at the new Surface Hub 2S 85-inch

in Windows 10 News
    Inside look at the new Surface Hub 2S 85-inch: If you want to see the largest Surface device ever made, check out our latest episode of Microsoft Mechanics for a tour of the most immersive in-person and virtual meeting experience available today. And I can attest. In these last few months, I’ve had the good...
  4. The year ahead for Surface Duo

in Windows 10 News
    The year ahead for Surface Duo: Microsoft’s mission to help every person and organization on the planet achieve more has never been more relevant as people search for new ways to be productive from anywhere. To this end, the Surface team has worked tirelessly to build a diverse set of devices to...
  5. surface pro.. 2 years old..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro.. 2 years old..: help needed plz..locked out of surface pro ,tried the hold shift button then restart..i get thru to full recovery trouble shoot save your files ..but nothing works ..factory reset .any ideas ..local repair shops don't want to know .....
  6. Microsoft Paint - view rulers in inches?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Paint - view rulers in inches?: The rulers in Paint are the pixel size of the image. How do I know the size in inches? There is no option to view the rulers in inches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint-view-rulers-in-inches/ebb90e2b-aed6-4a3f-9a77-68fe3d8356aa
  7. Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?: Hi. Are there any plans for an 8 inch Surface tablet, basically a Surface Go shrunk another 2 inches? I love my surface tablet. My Surface Pro 3 recently died (after about four years of service) and within a week I ordered my Surface Pro 6. However, I don't relish the...
  8. Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch): I would like to be able to open the camera to use it as a mirror quickly before meetings etc, but when I do if I need to actually do something with my hair the image confuses me because when I raise my right hand it's on the left side of my screen. I thought there was a way...
  9. Error 55

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 55: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 16-3-01 Tue 9:12:49 AM Event ID: 55 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QB0L353 Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume ??. The exact nature of...
  10. It’s the most wonderful time of the year – for Surface!

in Windows 10 News
    It’s the most wonderful time of the year – for Surface!: There are many wonderful things happening across the board for Surface, and I want to share a few of them with you. Our team gets so excited about meeting new Surface users and hearing their feedback, and we get to meet a lot more this holiday season! From Surface Pro, to...