Windows 10: Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

Discus and support Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft already sells Surface devices in two sizes — 10 and 12 inches. Later this year, the Surface is going big. Really, really big. Targeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, May 17, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

Source

A Guy, May 17, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

CooooooooooooooooL!. . .just can't wait. . .*Smile

:)

3. GeoffBongard Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface laptop.

Microsoft is requesting me to upgrade the system as it is out of date.

Current system is version 14393, needing to upgrade to 15063.

The Surface computer loads up to 84% then collapses.

I have tried several times but each with the same result.

Advise would be helpful please.

Geoff

Ashburton

New Zealand

GeoffBongard, May 17, 2015
  4. JohnnyNite Win User

EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

Yeah.. it's a shame.. like to think they would be better than that, they have a list of machines they're supporting.. it's pretty large I guess just because they've had so many models but I guess they just decided on a date to where they would stop supporting..

Actually called their retail site the other day because on their web site they're only offering up to 15 inch laptops for sale and guy told me since a couple of months ago that's the biggest screen size they will be selling.. And that their retail business
    will be completing handled by CDW now...

So that's a big change.. You can still buy their 17 inch machines on Amazon and other sites which came out this year but these will be the last ones they sell..

JohnnyNite, May 17, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Now That's a Winner --84 inch screen !!!!! hardly portable or "Mobile" though !!!!!

IMO the maximum convenient PORTABLE size these days is around 11 inches -- large enough to do sensible work while small enough to be very portable - especially in tight spaces such as on planes etc.

An external docking station greatly enhances a surface Pro when used in a workplace. !!
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  6. z3r010 Win User
    It's not meant to be portable, it's for use in meeting rooms and class rooms etc.

z3r010, May 17, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I know - but I was just having a laugh at the thought of someone trying to get one of those huge screens on a Tram in Manchester during the rush hour !!!.

Still great idea for meeting rooms etc -- hopefully the graphics will be up to it without burning the device out -- high graphics rez cards / chips get mega hot especially if in an enclosed space.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .albeit just the idea of telling your friends. . .*Smile

9. besb Win User
    Dont forget the set of steps to touch the top of the sceen as well even if in a meeting room where it is mounted on a wall.

10. orlbuckeye Win User
    It's ment for presentations and you can run powerpoint presentations on it.

orlbuckeye, May 18, 2015
  11. John035 Win User
    The important question is what resolution would it be?

John035, May 19, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    I know a forums admin who will get one of these as soon as they become available *Smile.

Thema:

1. Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year - Similar Threads - Microsoft sell inch

2. Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface: each time the computer performs an update I have to enter a 48 numeric key. Is there away that I can configure the laptop so I will not have to enter the code every time? ***Moved from: (Surface Book 2 / Install, update, and repair)***...
  3. Microsoft employee selling my info.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft employee selling my info.: Yesterday i received technical help from Microsoft Support. Today I got a phone call from a man trying to sell me something, or maybe trying to hack my computer, and he said he got my name and phone number from the tech guy at Microsoft, implying that he also works at...
  4. Microsoft Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Go: I am one of the first on the planet to own a Microsoft Surface Go. Thought it would be a good substitute for ipad. More power and more options, etc... It seems, however I cannot use it as a Kindle reader, cannot load the Kindle app. Any suggestions?...
  5. Surface Pro 4 later this year with W10 installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 later this year with W10 installed: Hi there Surface Pro 3 is proving a lot better than anticipated (the real pro 3 not the RT thingey). However this will surely whet your appetite --could be an Apple killer. Also will have W10 installed (apparently). The NEW Surface Pro 4. The CPU is interesting too as...
  6. Hard Drive 55% fragmented. Problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive 55% fragmented. Problem?: Asking this question for a friend. Windows 10 Disk Defragment tool will run but always says 55% when done. Problem? 64464
  7. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  8. 2016 Year in Review: Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    2016 Year in Review: Microsoft: 2016 was in many ways a watershed year for Microsoft, with the software giant taking decisive steps away from its traditional roots and embracing a more open future in the cloud. Of course, for the traditional Microsoft enthusiast such as myself, 2016 was also a bit...
  9. Error 55

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 55: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 16-3-01 Tue 9:12:49 AM Event ID: 55 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QB0L353 Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume ??. The exact nature of...
  10. It’s the most wonderful time of the year – for Surface!

in Windows 10 News
    It’s the most wonderful time of the year – for Surface!: There are many wonderful things happening across the board for Surface, and I want to share a few of them with you. Our team gets so excited about meeting new Surface users and hearing their feedback, and we get to meet a lot more this holiday season! From Surface Pro, to...