Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year

Discus and support Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft already sells Surface devices in two sizes — 10 and 12 inches. Later this year, the Surface is going big. Really, really big. Targeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, May 17, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

Source

A Guy, May 17, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

CooooooooooooooooL!. . .just can't wait. . .*Smile

:)

3. GeoffBongard Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface laptop.

Microsoft is requesting me to upgrade the system as it is out of date.

Current system is version 14393, needing to upgrade to 15063.

The Surface computer loads up to 84% then collapses.

I have tried several times but each with the same result.

Advise would be helpful please.

Geoff

Ashburton

New Zealand

GeoffBongard, May 17, 2015
  4. JohnnyNite Win User

EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

Yeah.. it's a shame.. like to think they would be better than that, they have a list of machines they're supporting.. it's pretty large I guess just because they've had so many models but I guess they just decided on a date to where they would stop supporting..

Actually called their retail site the other day because on their web site they're only offering up to 15 inch laptops for sale and guy told me since a couple of months ago that's the biggest screen size they will be selling.. And that their retail business
    will be completing handled by CDW now...

So that's a big change.. You can still buy their 17 inch machines on Amazon and other sites which came out this year but these will be the last ones they sell..

JohnnyNite, May 17, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Now That's a Winner --84 inch screen !!!!! hardly portable or "Mobile" though !!!!!

IMO the maximum convenient PORTABLE size these days is around 11 inches -- large enough to do sensible work while small enough to be very portable - especially in tight spaces such as on planes etc.

An external docking station greatly enhances a surface Pro when used in a workplace. !!
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  6. z3r010 Win User
    It's not meant to be portable, it's for use in meeting rooms and class rooms etc.

z3r010, May 17, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I know - but I was just having a laugh at the thought of someone trying to get one of those huge screens on a Tram in Manchester during the rush hour !!!.

Still great idea for meeting rooms etc -- hopefully the graphics will be up to it without burning the device out -- high graphics rez cards / chips get mega hot especially if in an enclosed space.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .albeit just the idea of telling your friends. . .*Smile

9. besb Win User
    Dont forget the set of steps to touch the top of the sceen as well even if in a meeting room where it is mounted on a wall.

10. orlbuckeye Win User
    It's ment for presentations and you can run powerpoint presentations on it.

orlbuckeye, May 18, 2015
  11. John035 Win User
    The important question is what resolution would it be?

John035, May 19, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    I know a forums admin who will get one of these as soon as they become available *Smile.

Thema:

1. Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year - Similar Threads - Microsoft sell inch

2. I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....: I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one. But when I try to add the card to the History Backup Files, I get an error. Is there something in Windows that does not allow backing up of the SD card or folders on that card?...
  3. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  4. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  5. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  6. Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10: I still rely on Microsoft Digital Image Pro to put graphics together. I haven't been able to re-install it on my Windows 10 machine. When I try, it says it needs Internet Explorer 6 to install. Help! Moved from: Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10...
  7. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  8. I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...: WHY CAN'T I UNINSTALL THIS UPDATE?! Please help me uninstall "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" I do not like having all these unnecessary features on my computer....
  9. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  10. Microsoft works and Windows 10

Microsoft works and Windows 10: I have the very latest version of windows 10, What version of Microsoft works should I use if any. I have the CD for works 8.5 and it definitely will not....