Windows 10: Microsoft window 10 application issue

Discus and support Microsoft window 10 application issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Sir I have an issue. I cannot open the some of the Microsoft window 10 application like the " calculator , "Alarms&Clock", etc applications. I try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrMike4, Feb 1, 2020.

1. MrMike4 Win User

Microsoft window 10 application issue

Hi Sir

I have an issue. I cannot open the some of the Microsoft window 10 application like the " calculator , "Alarms&Clock", etc applications. I try to reset the application using via setting>>appl& features>select application >. reset.It doesn't work for some applications.

Pls advise.Thanks

:)

MrMike4, Feb 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Feb 1, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft window 10 application issue

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft window 10 application issue

1. Microsoft window 10 application issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft window application

2. Microsoft store and Application Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and Application Issues: Hello for some reason I cannot log in to the Microsoft Store app. I can open it however clicking on the sign-in button does nothing and clicking on the ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT button closes the store....
  3. Microsoft store and Application Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and Application Issues: Hello for some reason I cannot log in to the Microsoft Store app. I can open it however clicking on the sign-in button does nothing and clicking on the ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT button closes the store....
  4. Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues: Hello there! I have had this issue for a very long time, but I haven't had to worry about it until now. The problem that I am having has to do with the Microsoft Store and Default Windows 11 applications. It comes down to reinstalling these default windows applications after...
  5. Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues

Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues: Hello there! I have had this issue for a very long time, but I haven't had to worry about it until now. The problem that I am having has to do with the Microsoft Store and Default Windows 11 applications. It comes down to reinstalling these default windows applications after...
  6. Microsoft applications issue with connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications issue with connectivity: All of my Microsoft apps cannot connect to the Internet, it includes outlook and even get help. I remove my firewall and restarted several times and it won't fix the issue....
  7. Microsoft applications issue with connectivity

Microsoft applications issue with connectivity: All of my Microsoft apps cannot connect to the Internet, it includes outlook and even get help. I remove my firewall and restarted several times and it won't fix the issue....
  8. Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application: Hi All, I am a Windows Desktop Application software Developer. Recently I build an Application for my client and provided the .exe file after publish to my client over the Internet. But when he downloaded it on his system he is getting Microsoft Defender Smart Screen popup...
  9. Issues with 3D Builder application on Windows 10.

Issues with 3D Builder application on Windows 10.: i open the 3d Builder, but when opena my project this come down become very very slow i use a w10 , 8gb ram, video card 2gb, core 7 700 what i can do to fix this ***Modified title from: 3d Builder windows 10***...
  10. Microsoft Applications Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Applications Not Working on Windows 10: Hello, i face the issue of some microsoft applications as they are not opened only blank white or black screen is shown. The button icons are not shown but when click on that position they are just there. Microsoft applications which this problem i am facing are...