Windows 10: Microsoft window 10 update error

Discus and support Microsoft window 10 update error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My acer aspire 3 laptop window 10 update Download error - 0x8024a206.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sandeepkumarDK, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft window 10 update error

My acer aspire 3 laptop window 10 update Download error - 0x8024a206.

:)

sandeepkumarDK, Jan 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft window 10 update error

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft window 10 update error [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft window 10 update error

1. Microsoft window 10 update error - Similar Threads - Microsoft window update

2. Will Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 be fixed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 be fixed by Microsoft?: I’ve had this Windows 10 update issue since January 2024. I do not want to partition my drive to see if it fixes the issue as I’m not that well versed with issues like this to begin with. Is Microsoft Planning a fix for this? I’ve seen reports of it all over the web with...
  3. Will Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 be fixed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 be fixed by Microsoft?: I’ve had this Windows 10 update issue since January 2024. I do not want to partition my drive to see if it fixes the issue as I’m not that well versed with issues like this to begin with. Is Microsoft Planning a fix for this? I’ve seen reports of it all over the web with...
  4. Will Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 be fixed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR: AFTER RESETTING MY WINDOWS 10 I CAN'T OPEN MICROSOFT STORE IT OPENS LOAD FOR 5 SECONDS AND CLOSES AUTOMATICALLY AND SAME FOR WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN I CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATE IT SHOWS:- There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this...
  6. My microsoft windows 10 Pro update Error

My microsoft windows 10 Pro update Error: When I run Windows 10 Pro update then it causes an error, Actually, the update is available but an error displays "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  7. Windows 10 update error and Microsoft Store App Download Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update error and Microsoft Store App Download Errors: [ATTACH] Hey there, So my win10 pro version 1809 stopped updating some months ago, almost a year.I had no problems so far and tried it several times myself to solve this problem.But it seems that it effects the Microsoft Store download function as well and because I want...
  8. Updating of Windows 10 Pro automatically by Microsoft--an error...

Updating of Windows 10 Pro automatically by Microsoft--an error...: I have not tried to upgrade Windows 10 Pro myself.The system was upgraded remotely by Microsoft.While doing so,'Edge' was upgraded.But the system has generated an application error--"The application was unable to start correctly,0*c0000005.Click OK to close the application."...
  9. Microsoft Store updating Error (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store updating Error (Windows 10 Home): Hi, I'm getting this error Code: 0x800700B7 when updating or installing new apps from the Store. Can anyone share a fix for this? 144479
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 Update Error...

Microsoft Windows 10 Update Error...: Security Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB3213551) 64-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070663 Security Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB4011574) 64-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070663 Security Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB4022176) 64-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070663...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. walk me through the update process it keeps popping up on my laptop. it is a NUISANCE