Windows 10: microsoft window driver D showing question mark

Discus and support microsoft window driver D showing question mark in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi hell. i installed the recent update. then after opening the next day when i tried to open my drive D i was not able to open it. it was showing only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daiviksingh, May 25, 2020.

1. microsoft window driver D showing question mark

hi hell. i installed the recent update. then after opening the next day when i tried to open my drive D i was not able to open it. it was showing only question mark. i am not able to open it.. kindly do something..

:)

daiviksingh, May 25, 2020
  2. CathyL2 Win User

D Drive- Blue question mark

Hi, I attempted to open/save to my thumb drive. However, my D Drive suddnly does not show; rather there is a blue question mark appears next to D:\\. Does with all thumb drives I attempt to open. Can you please advise? Thank you.

CathyL2, May 25, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    D Drive has a Question Mark, can't access it, everything is gone!

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot access D drive is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What is the error message that you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 25, 2020
  4. microsoft window driver D showing question mark

After laptop reboot , drive D:\ cant be activated and a question mark shows next to it.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with issue you are facing with the drive not getting detected.

I suggest you to perform Hardware and device troubleshooter and see if this fixes the issue.

Method 1:

Hardware and device troubleshooter.

Refer the below steps :

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2 :

Type Disk Management in the search bar > Select disk management.

And see if the 'D' drive is detected there.

Let us know if this helps.
    Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, May 25, 2020
Thema:

microsoft window driver D showing question mark

1. microsoft window driver D showing question mark - Similar Threads - microsoft window driver

2. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.: Hello, i need help. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark. Problem is, i have not D: in my computer. After i try to open it, it shows ,,Location not available". Do someone know how to fix this?Thnak you....
  3. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.: Hello, i need help. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark. Problem is, i have not D: in my computer. After i try to open it, it shows ,,Location not available". Do someone know how to fix this?Thnak you....
  4. Internal D drive has a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal D drive has a blue question mark.: how to fix blue question mark on internal D drive. I tried running chkdsk /d in command prompt but it says invalid input. I also tried finding the drive in device manager and it shows the drive but it is grayed out. sometimes it is not grayed out and when that happens, the...
  5. Internal D drive has a blue question mark.

Internal D drive has a blue question mark.: how to fix blue question mark on internal D drive. I tried running chkdsk /d in command prompt but it says invalid input. I also tried finding the drive in device manager and it shows the drive but it is grayed out. sometimes it is not grayed out and when that happens, the...
  6. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable: My D: drive has disappeared from the "My PC" section in File Explorer and can only be found in Quick Access. It is inaccessible and has a blue question mark next to it. I did not do anything to the drive recently so I have no idea what has happened.I have tried:Disk Cleanup -...
  7. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable: My D: drive has disappeared from the "My PC" section in File Explorer and can only be found in Quick Access. It is inaccessible and has a blue question mark next to it. I did not do anything to the drive recently so I have no idea what has happened.I have tried:Disk Cleanup -...
  8. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

9. Blue Question Mark on D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Question Mark on D Drive: Hello, About a week ago I found that Steam and all of my files that were on my HDD were unavailable. They gave this error prompt when selected: [ATTACH] When I proceeded to check on my D Drive I found that I could not access it: [ATTACH] After going onto Device...
  10. Blue Question Mark Over Internal D:\ Drive In Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Question Mark Over Internal D:\ Drive In Laptop: I have been having this problem for the past day where the D:\ drive randomly disconnects and randomly reconnects for about a few minutes and then disconnects again. I tried restarting my laptop, shutting it down completely, and I checked most disk management / reset...