Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am curious as to what ai functions are present on windows 10. i am also looking for a way to disable the ai on windows 10 as i do not think its too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Conor615, May 23, 2024.

1. Conor615 Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

I am curious as to what ai functions are present on windows 10. i am also looking for a way to disable the ai on windows 10 as i do not think its too helpful and also i dont want it

:)

Conor615, May 23, 2024

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 23, 2024
  3. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 HOME edition

I want to fully disable (or preferably remove) Copilot and all other AI functionality in Windows 11 Home Edition. This question may belong under another topic; I just guessed at Settings.

See the bottom of this post for system information. Below are specific questions related to the details of disabling Copilot and AI functionality. I have not been able to find any of this information on any Microsoft resources; perhaps I missed something?.

• Disabling Copilot in Windows 11 Home Edition: Please note that I am running Windows 11 Home edition - not Pro, Enterprise, etc., where I could solve the problem with group policies or other administrative options. The Windows Update setting "Get the latest updates" is turned on, so I am running Copilot Preview.

• Copilot Taskbar Button: I have hidden Copilot on the taskbar, but that is obviously not the same as disabling Copilot or other AI functionality.

• Disabling Copilot via Registry: There are instructions on various websites for disabling Copilot by editing the registry; I would appreciate details about how to do that, as long as the necessary edits are reasonably safe and reliable.

• Disabling all AI functionality: How centralized is AI functionality in Windows 11? Does disabling Copilot disable AI functionality across all Windows 11 built-in features, as well as Microsoft desktop apps? Or has AI metastasized across the entire Windows ecosystem, requiring a constant game of whack-a-mole to disable everywhere?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Laura

Windows System Information:

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

OS build OS Build 22621.2361 Preview (KB5030310)

LChalifoux, May 23, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality - Similar Threads - Microsoft Functionality

2. Zoom slider on Microsoft keyboard not functioning with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom slider on Microsoft keyboard not functioning with windows 11: My Microsoft keyboard has a useful zoom slider in the middle of it that used to work with windows 10. My new windows 11 computer does not respond to that slider, but it does zoom if I use the zoom feature in settings. Is there a fix?...
  3. Zoom slider on Microsoft keyboard not functioning with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom slider on Microsoft keyboard not functioning with windows 11: My Microsoft keyboard has a useful zoom slider in the middle of it that used to work with windows 10. My new windows 11 computer does not respond to that slider, but it does zoom if I use the zoom feature in settings. Is there a fix?...
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality: I am curious as to what ai functions are present on windows 10. i am also looking for a way to disable the ai on windows 10 as i do not think its too helpful and also i dont want it...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality: I am curious as to what ai functions are present on windows 10. i am also looking for a way to disable the ai on windows 10 as i do not think its too helpful and also i dont want it...
  6. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.: It is very frustrating and shameful, that I am wasting time to report a scam so that other people deosn't get tricked, and their only way to report a scam doesn't work. I tried at least 20 times, it keeps saying the submission failed without the reason. All mandatory fields...
  7. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.: It is very frustrating and shameful, that I am wasting time to report a scam so that other people deosn't get tricked, and their only way to report a scam doesn't work. I tried at least 20 times, it keeps saying the submission failed without the reason. All mandatory fields...
  8. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

9. How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?: Currently both the bit locker combinations for my pc as well as my laptop are unable to be accessed. I need the bitkey for my latop. All the page says is, "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." With there being no way to contact...
  10. How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?

How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?: Currently both the bit locker combinations for my pc as well as my laptop are unable to be accessed. I need the bitkey for my latop. All the page says is, "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." With there being no way to contact...