Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not that I use W10 all that much as it is a secondary operating system on my desktop, nor do I use Bluetooth that much, as my experience of it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cliffedwards1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

Not that I use W10 all that much as it is a secondary operating system on my desktop, nor do I use Bluetooth that much, as my experience of it in Windows is that between them , the end result is very flaky. Having acquired a small Bluetooth speaker a tribit sound go. I have managed to set it up in W10, and it pairs no problem evidently with the Asus USB BT400 usb adaptor that I had to purchase for my desktop. And W 10 tells me that it is connected, and even shows me an image of my desktop connected to the speaker. What it does not do is to give me any sound from the speaker when I go to Media Player and play some music that I downloaded/ moved across from my old Windows XP operating system desktop to the new desktop. The term new is relative, as in new compared to the old Windows Xp machine.

Now I know that the Tribit speaker works as I have Paired it with my Ipad, and it connected No trouble, and played music from my Ipad Ok. So the question remains as to why not with W10? I understand that the Asus adaptor is Bluetooth standard 4.0 , and backwards compatible, and I have been and got the updated drivers, well up to 2015, for some reason it times out on the later 2016 version. And the Tribit is BT standard 4.2, but driver is 2006, and nothing available later than that.

Somewhat frazzled by my having this image of my desktop connected to the Tribit speaker, and even the guff, saying that I am connected. But not a sound from the Bluetooth speaker, and yes I can hear the music on my wired speakers to the desktop, and even my head phones.

No doubt ( Hopefully ) it will be something that I have not ticked in a box. Yes I have removed the Adaptor several times and reloaded it, and yes I have reset/Restarted W10, ( same with the Tribit ) until I am sick of it. And I admit to being in my dotage, with no great interest in computer software, my grt nephew being my help. I forgot to mention that the tribit pairs and connects to my Dell XPS 13 laptop, just like that, and that on my desktop I upgraded to W10 from W7, and I am none too certain now that it was an improvement in doing so.

So if anyone has any constructive and coherent thoughts in None Jargonese/gobbygook , it would be much appreciated. Regards Cliff.

:)

cliffedwards1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 17, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

1. Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth recent

2. Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent: M HP laptop has gone into BSOD. I can't safe boot, it doesn't work. It just keeps going into error after doing the power on, wait for logo, then power off, 5 times. before allowing full boot then and I get same error. PNP Detected Fatal error and it says collecting...
  3. Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.

Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.: Hello, After updating my computer today I found that the audio for my bluetooth earbuds keeps cutting in and out. I have updated and reinstalled all my audio and bluetooth drivers. I have followed the bluetooth and audio trouble shooting wizards multiple times with no...
  4. Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update: Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I'll try. Recently I updated my Windows 10 desktop-PC with the update "Function update for Windows 10, version 20H2". This gave me Cortana on my taskbar, which I did not have earlier. I suppose there are other...
  5. Bluetooth not showing after recent update.

Bluetooth not showing after recent update.: Hi After I updated to the recent Windows 10 update, Bluetooth option is not showing in either settings or device manager. I updated all possible drivers using drp.su Any response will be appreciated. Thank you Rahul Jha...
  6. Recent Microsoft Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Microsoft Windows Update: I have both Edge and Chrome browsers on my computer. Since the recent update I cannot download pictures from my gmail unless I've logged onto my gmail while on Edge. I also cannot save as a PNG file in google slides unless I'm in Edge, but some other functionality of google...
  7. Windows 10 crashes after recent updates

Windows 10 crashes after recent updates: Hello, My PC started to have some problems after recent updates, it crashes every 5-10 minutes with different stop codes: Page fault, watch dog violation, kmode exception not handled and so on. System is AMD Ryzen5 2600X, AS rock master sli X470, RTX2070. Can't figure out...
  8. Problem after updating windows 10 recently

Problem after updating windows 10 recently: After updating my OS to the Windows 10 yestoday, I have encounted two problem with my laptop . 1) After booting ang login, my PC primary moniter just displayed black screen. It will take more than 10 minuters, the display will work again. 2) There is no signal to my...
  9. Bluetooth removed in recent update

Bluetooth removed in recent update: Hello, I am using an HP Pavillion at work. I have been using my bluetooth speaker since I started here. Some updates were run on this computer the other day, and now my computer says that it does not have bluetooth capabilities anymore. Troubleshooting I have done...
  10. Recent update of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office

Recent update of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office: My device is a VAIO and I did have installed Microsoft Office 2016. After update I couldn't open any Word Power Point or Excel documents. I uninstalled Microsoft Office and I tried to re-install it which took hours and finally failed and received the following message:...