Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The company this week announced the officially Windows 10-compatible version 5.5 of EMET. However, it launches as a tool that Microsoft believes is now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET

Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET anti zero-day shield | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Feb 4, 2016
  2. RickCP Win User

Emet for windows 10 is a beta or is final relese how worth is to use it whith defender?

See:
    Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) version 5.5 is now available

EMET 5.5 Beta testing is over (January 29, 2016) and final release for the product is located here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50766

Although EMET 5.5 is now officially compatible with Windows 10, MS may suggest that users of the latest version of their OS may not actually need it. See more in this related article:

EMET 5.5 – Update Released for Microsoft’s Best Kept Secret

For further information or questions about EMET, please visit the EMET Support Forum at TechNet forums:

Technet forums - Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) Support

RickCP, Feb 4, 2016
  3. bhringer Win User
    WIndows Defender alerts

@CJ. Eichholz [MSFT]

EMET has been out of beta 5.5 since Jan. 29, 2016.

EMET 5.5 Exits Beta, Now Fully Sanctioned to Mitigate Attacks

EMET 5.5 Exits Beta, Now Fully Sanctioned to Mitigate Attacks

The links you provide have been deprecated.

New MS Download Download Center link for EMET 5.5

Download Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 5.5 from Official Microsoft Download Center

EMET certainly is one of MIcrosoft's
    "best kept secret "
    products in certain environments, but not necessarily so for the average consumer we try to support in these forums which is why support for EMET is at
    TechNet forums.

Technet forums - Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) Support

Please edit your previous posts regarding EMET beta and in future if recommending EMET refer to proper support link at TechNet.

Regards,

~

bhringer, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET

1. Microsoft: Windows 10, Edge so secure they don't need our EMET - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge secure

2. Need to update system so I can access Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to update system so I can access Microsoft Edge!: My computer is still messed up. I cannot make updates and so I cannot change over to Microsoft Edge. I had Worldspan IT working for 2 hours trying and they say it is a Microsoft issue. Please help me get my sysstem updated so I can move forward. I cannot continue to use...
  3. Need to update system so I can access Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to update system so I can access Microsoft Edge!: My computer is still messed up. I cannot make updates and so I cannot change over to Microsoft Edge. I had Worldspan IT working for 2 hours trying and they say it is a Microsoft issue. Please help me get my sysstem updated so I can move forward. I cannot continue to use...
  4. Security with windows 10 and Microsoft Edge and Norton 360

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security with windows 10 and Microsoft Edge and Norton 360: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge and it would not load correctly with Norton 360. I just bought a new laptop and was wondering when I set it up do I even need a security program other than what comes with Microsoft Edge and Window 10? If I do need more security, I would...
  5. Our Security

Our Security: Dear Microsoft, How can we take countermeasure against Microsoft according to "That system is jam-packed with malicious functionalities, including surveillance of users, DRM, censorship and a universal back door." found at https://stallman.org/microsoft.html ?...
  6. Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Windows Security Microsoft Edge: Edge is locked up with a request from buddhistorica.xyz for username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-microsoft-edge/e3f071ed-1b57-4e5d-8cae-db4b3dce347f
  7. Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge: Look, I'm not even going to pretend I understand everything I read from TrendLabs, but this is for those who do/might*Smile Internet Explorer is possibly the most popular target for vulnerabilities around today. In 2014 alone, a total of 243 memory corruption...
  8. Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates: Microsoft is committed to delivering comprehensive security updates to our customers. Information about the security updates we release are currently made available on the Microsoft Security Bulletin website. However, our customers have asked for better access to update...
  9. Microsoft: Edge so secure they don't need EMET anti zero-day shield

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Edge so secure they don't need EMET anti zero-day shield: Microsoft has released a Windows 10-compatible version of its seven-year-old anti zero-day tool but says the product is surplus to requirements for its latest OS and Edge browser. Since 2009, if Microsoft couldn't patch a software flaw before it came under attack, it would...
  10. EMET your enterprise for peak Windows security

in Windows 10 News
    EMET your enterprise for peak Windows security: Microsoft has put many defensive technologies, like ASLR, DEP and SAFESEH into Windows over the years to mitigate against the exploitation of vulnerabilities in Windows and applications. But Microsoft is rightfully very conservative about making such changes for all Windows...