Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Redmond claims it focused on security for Windows 10 Microsoft has put a lot of effort into Windows 10, and the company keeps reminding us of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...m-496352.shtml

Cluster Head, Nov 17, 2015

2. ... once you get rid of powershell, disable windows scripting host and set UAC to full, it gets close to it. *Nerd

:)

TairikuOkami, Nov 17, 2015
  3. SFSympa Win User
    Windows 10 is the most unstable operating system that I have ever used

My first operating system was CPM. I have used quite a few operating systems over the years. Microsoft can try all they want to place the blame on programs that run in their operating system. However if one has a system that cannot run effectively programs,
    you do not have much of an operating system. Microsoft has to give it away because most would never pay for a system that is this screwed up.

SFSympa, Nov 17, 2015
  4. mslsml Win User

Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

Windows 10 is the worst Microsoft operating system and Edge is the worst browser!

Actually I was very interesting for Windows 10, but after I install it on one of the my laptops, I must say, it is slower than Windows 8.1, sometimes he need a time to respond and what to say, will test it for few days, and than ciao, adio Windows 10, I
    will return Windows 8.1. It is much better, faster and stable.

Microsoft Edge, what a disaster from browser? All those years, I was IE kind of the guy, with Microsoft Edge, Microsoft finaly forced me to accept Opera, Chrome, Firefox and etc. So Microsoft Edge, the thing created for Windows 10 is slower on Windows 10
    than Opera for example, except on Bing web sites.

Windows 10 is the worst Microsoft operating system, and Microsoft Edge is the worst browser!

mslsml, Nov 17, 2015
  5. zooburner Win User
    Don't we hear this for every new O.S., i mean I'm sure it does have improved security but it will become 'less secure' when they want us to buy a new O.S.

zooburner, Nov 17, 2015
  6. I find it a lot more secure so does everyone in my household.
    Also if upgrade done right more stable as well.
    All drivers and software up to date.
    Altogether with what we have in our house and my daughter has in her house and businesses which number 25 systems altogether, not one has played up or crashed all run on Edge Browser.

hTconeM9user, Nov 17, 2015
  7. larc919 Win User
    The secure part will be more obvious to me in time, but I do find 10 to be quite stable. Although I don't believe it is even one atom more stable than 8.1.

larc919, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

yes with 8.1 was always freezing and hanging, 10 none at all

hTconeM9user, Nov 17, 2015
  9. Antilope Win User
    Boot your Windows 10 PC with a Linux Live USB flash drive, look at the hard disk and tell me what you see. What you see is the entire Windows NTFS file system laid before you. You can access any of the files (read, modify, copy, delete, etc) including personal data files with no password required. If there are multiple Windows user accounts you can see and access all files with no password required.

Secure? Not very if someone has physical access to your Windows 10 pc, a USB flash drive and a free copy of a Live Linux ISO.

Antilope, Nov 17, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    If you don't physically secure your PC, as well as virtually, you deserve what you get.(I was gonna use the "H" word, but it's implied*Devil)

Cliff S, Nov 17, 2015
  11. Antilope Win User
    A smart 8 year old with a USB flash drive can gain access to every file on you Windows 10 PC in the 90-seconds it take to boot it up.

All he needs:

-An 8gb or greater USB flash drive
    -A copy of Rufus (available free on the internet)
    -A free Linux ISO(available free on the internet) that creates a Live Linux session (Ubuntu or Linux Mint)

Download Rufus, put USB flash drive into his Windows PC, point Rufus at downloaded Linux ISO. Create Linux bootable USB.

Place USB flash drive in you Windows 10 PC. Boot the Your PC from the flash drive. Go to the the Linux File Manager on the Linux desktop that is displayed (looks just like Windows) and all of your Windows 10 hard disk files are available for copy, deletion, moving, opening etc. No password required.

This could be prevented if the Windows 10 PC is secured with Bit-Locker or if there is a bios password set and the hard disk is set to boot ahead of the USB device.

This security is not set by default and probably 99% of Windows 10 PC's could be accessed in this way.

Antilope, Nov 17, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System [​IMG]
    *chuckle

Cliff S, Nov 17, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

I know Linux very well, and what it can do. I've installed and used about everything from Arch to Zorin*Nerd

Cliff S, Nov 17, 2015
  14. Antilope Win User
    The point being the 8 year old (or anyone else) doesn't have to know Linux (which runs and looks exactly like Windows). They just have to know how to download a couple of files and copy it to a USB drive. Installing and configuring a game is much more difficult and a child can do that any day of the week.

Antilope, Nov 17, 2015
  15. cameos Win User
    Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Windows System: maybe / likely true.

Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System: I don't think so.

cameos, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System - Similar Threads - Microsoft Secure Operating

2. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 operating system: Hello, I am encountering a persistent issue with my Windows 10 operating system where my computer frequently freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring a manual reboot to regain functionality. This problem occurs sporadically and seems to be unrelated to any specific task or...
  3. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 operating system: Hello, I am encountering a persistent issue with my Windows 10 operating system where my computer frequently freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring a manual reboot to regain functionality. This problem occurs sporadically and seems to be unrelated to any specific task or...
  4. Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding: hmm... idk why but sometime will not responding everyday will pop out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-operating-system-is-not/452a8e23-1f51-4117-abc6-d4da6afb4d95
  5. Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding: hmm... idk why but sometime will not responding everyday will pop out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-operating-system-is-not/452a8e23-1f51-4117-abc6-d4da6afb4d95
  6. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 operating system: Is it possible to install a windows operating system from a xbox to computer by using a usb to usb cable? Like download the operating system onto the xbox and transfer it?...
  7. Windows 10 Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Operating System: I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 for home use. Can you tell me what: • Version you recommend and send me the link • Does Microsoft have a App to check windows system spec to make sure Windows 10 will work on computer before purchasing - Send link...
  8. Windows 10 Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Operating System: More of a statement than a question, I suppose. After the most recent Windows update earlier this month, my hard drive crashed. Every single time an update comes through I have to uninstall it and wait for a fix meanwhile spending hours of my own time tech supporting this...
  9. "NSA discovers security flaw in Microsoft Windows operating system"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "NSA discovers security flaw in Microsoft Windows operating system": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4k0Ctb4uT4 Thought I would share. 148476
  10. Windows 10 is the most unstable operating system that I have ever used

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is the most unstable operating system that I have ever used: Worst Operating System ever. I'm just going to make a switch. It makes my high-end slowest. The worst operating system i have ever used.I used windows for more than 16 years, it's time to end the story....