Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Mail client on my desktop does not give me the option to save contacts and I do not know why. Below is a screen shot of what happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KHom_VA, Apr 18, 2020.

1. KHom_VA Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts

The Windows 10 Mail client on my desktop does not give me the option to save contacts and I do not know why. Below is a screen shot of what happens when I left click on a email sender in Mail on my desktop. Note that the top option is to "Send email" to the contact:

Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts 255778f3-a27b-4980-b18c-556f55f961d1?upload=true.jpg

On my laptop, which is running the same version of the Mail client, and left click on the email address I get a slightly different dialog box, in which I have the option to "Save" the contact to People:

Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts ee488a8a-827b-45ba-b249-09eff88dfb8b?upload=true.jpg

I actually have the same problem on a couple of other laptops as well. I can not figure out why the same client behaves differently on different platforms. Any thoughts on why this is happening? I appreciate the help

My desktop is running:

Window 10 Home, Version 1909

Mail Version 16005.12624.20368.0

My laptop is running:

Windows 10 Home, Version 1809

Mail Version 16005.12624.20368.0

:)

KHom_VA, Apr 18, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 18, 2020
  3. willden Win User
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.

willden, Apr 18, 2020
  4. DerDonc Win User

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

Yeah, there´s a separate app.

DerDonc, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Client will not save contacts - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail Client

2. Windows 10 Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Contacts: I have imported a CSV contacts list into Outlook.com via live.com in Windows 10. Following this, the Windows Mail & Calendar App has been installed. The full list of contacts appears in ‘People’ in the mail App. When preparing a new email and typing ‘Peter’ only two...
  3. Mail client on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail client on Windows 10: Hello, So I'm having issues with both clients, so maybe you guys know any solutions or other options that I could try out. Not real problems but maybe features they lack. Problems with Windows Mail: language issues (autocorrect and random chinese letters popping up whenever...
  4. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  5. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail contacts: How do I delete/edit contacts stored in Windows 10 mail. They are different to those in my People https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contacts/7dd5ad8f-036d-4fb4-8a71-905d120ab48c"
  6. Windows 10 mail contacts

Windows 10 mail contacts: I am trying to change my list of contacts in Windows 10 mail to those from another computer. I made a csv file of the new ones and imported that in to Outlook .com. My People app and Contacts folder now contain the desired new ones. However in Widows 10 mail when trying to...
  7. Windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail client: When I try to ‘fill the entire window’, which is in the Background (Settings>Personalization) I come across a problem. When I turn it on, everything is OK, but if I close the app and then open the mail app again, the background is set back so it cannot "fill the entire...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contacts: How do I delete a contact in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-mail-contacts/0e514654-705e-4aa8-be25-5eb04b782bdb
  9. Windows 10 Mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Client: I've noticed after trying the Win 10 Email client to access my hotmail accounts, if somebody attaches a picture to one of the emails and I download that attachment, the resulting file is marked as "READ ONLY". Yet if I download the file while logged on to the outlook server,...
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail contacts