Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you frequently use Wi-Fi tethering with your Windows Phone to get an internet connection on your latop or Surface, Microsoft’s latest patent might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Read more: Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

:)

Brink, Apr 11, 2016

2. All browsers slow after Windows 10 upgrade

I'm in the same boat. Using my iPhone to look up Microsoft community answers because my Win10 web browsing is like walking in treacle. It's like dial-up from the 90s again. This is for my main browser Firefox but also the Microsoft Edge (that I never/rarely
    use). I've switched off Nortons AV but that didn't improve it. The home wi-fi connection is fine, and speed tests are fine. Wi-fi connnecting to Apple iPhones and iPad just fine too.

When I tethered my Win10 laptop to the iPhone and then over 4G the browsing speed significantly improved. Partly the 4G runs at 20mbps whereas home wi-fi is 10mbps, but even so it seems there is no Win10 problem when tethered, but there is when trying to
    connect to home broadband (UK, using BT standard wi-fi service).

Something in the last 4-5 days has gone wrong with the Win10 settings causing all browsers to run incredibly slow. I see others have posted above in recent days, and hopefully MS can find a solution to this problem.

JohnInLondon, Apr 11, 2016
  3. USB Tethering for Windows Phone 10 Internet Sharing

USB tethering would save me a lot of pain.

At the moment, I'm having to use blue tooth tethering at the office because over the past 2 to 3 weeks something in the environment is interfering with the Lumia Wi-Fi Hotspot 2.4 GHz Channel 11 broadcast. Connecting to the phone's Wi-Fi Hotspot in the
    office results in dropped ping packets and disconnects - the Wi-Fi hotspot is unusable. Bluetooth gets around the issue, but then I'm limited to just over 1.6Mbps download.

Outside of the office, the Wi-Fi Hotspot works perfectly and is very fast and stable.

Although I'm still trying to figure out the source of the interference in the office in regards to sharing a hotspot via Wi-Fi, USB tethering would be a preferable workaround to Bluetooth, and having USB tethering as an option would help get around situations
    when environmental conditions make Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi unreliable.

I would also like to see the ability to modify the Wi-Fi hotspot Network Band and Network Channel emitted by Windows 10 Mobile so that if you find yourself in a Wi-Fi saturated workplace, you can adjust the hotspot to a less congested channel and/or band.
    Nonetheless, USB tethering would be preferable than having to fiddle with Wi-Fi bands and channels.

Sincerely,

Mike Nichols

BatterseaDog, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

1. Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering - Similar Threads - Microsoft patent looks

2. Windows 10 wi-fi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wi-fi.: I have two Windows PCs in my office but one of them is feeling its age. The newer they both have wi-fi cards installed but the newer one will only work with ethernet and the cable is old and about 45' feet long. How do I persuade the new machine to accept the wi-fi connection...
  3. Windows 10 wi-fi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wi-fi.: I have two Windows PCs in my office but one of them is feeling its age. The newer they both have wi-fi cards installed but the newer one will only work with ethernet and the cable is old and about 45' feet long. How do I persuade the new machine to accept the wi-fi connection...
  4. Windows 10 wi-fi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon

Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon: Any idea as to what the Wi-Fi icon with the white box over it means ? [img] 161849
  6. Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet

Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet: Hello, I have a question. I have a PC connected via Wi-Fi to internet. On my desk I have a Samsung Galaxy s5e tablet, which I would like to have connected to internet. I know I can also connect it through Wi-Fi but I'm wondering whether it would be possible to connect it...
  7. No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle: Howzit we lost the Internet connection on our Windows 10 v1909 computers this morning. So I bust out my handy dandy USB Wi-Fi dongles in order to connect to my phone’s tethering. Previously once I had joined the tethering's Wi-Fi signal, I got Internet service straight...
  8. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter: Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install...
  9. Microsoft is looking for suggestions to improve core apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is looking for suggestions to improve core apps in Windows 10: Microsoft is planning to improve the essential apps for Windows 10 and the changes might show up next year. With Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft is implementing a series of changes in Notepad that is supposed to make this tool a more advanced and better but the...
  10. Improving wi-fi performance with provided internet?

Improving wi-fi performance with provided internet?: My daughter is in Disney's College Program, and living in Disney-provided housing, which includes Disney-provided cable. Much like a college dorm though, the wi-fi is controlled by Disney, shared throughout the building (versus specific to the apartment), and horrible....