Windows 10: microsoft windows 10 photos app

Discus and support microsoft windows 10 photos app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My photos app used to always default when I wanted to attach/send/add files to documents/emails/ebay listings, etc. Now when Im working on a document,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonFish MASTA Millis, Mar 20, 2019.

1. microsoft windows 10 photos app

My photos app used to always default when I wanted to attach/send/add files to documents/emails/ebay listings, etc.

Now when Im working on a document, etc and want to include a photo from my photos my computer defaults to my files. How can I go directly into my photos(where all my pics are) instead of thrown into my files?

On that note, when I'm in my files, how can I change my pictures files to show what picture each thumbnail Is, instead of having to click/open each to see what picture it is?

:)

JasonFish MASTA Millis, Mar 20, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

microsoft windows 10 photos app

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

microsoft windows 10 photos app

1. microsoft windows 10 photos app - Similar Threads - microsoft photos app

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.: I'm using Windows 10 and the Photos App is not working on my computer. The error message it is giving me is that the app didn't start and I have tried several potential solutions which didn't work. The solutions I have tried are rebooting the computer, repairing the photos...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.: I'm using Windows 10 and the Photos App is not working on my computer. The error message it is giving me is that the app didn't start and I have tried several potential solutions which didn't work. The solutions I have tried are rebooting the computer, repairing the photos...
  5. microsoft photo app in windows 10

microsoft photo app in windows 10: recently i have been having to repair and reset microsoft photo app - almost on a daily basis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-in-windows-10/b9f569da-857f-4b38-8bce-17ab948c6a5c
  6. Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos App

Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos App: I've been having a problem for a while and hoped the recent update would fix it, but it hasn't When I use the next button or even my mouse to see the next image it just jumps to a random image and never in the correct order. In the past I've been able to repair the app...
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App and Photostitching

Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App and Photostitching: Greetings, Which photo stitching apps work effectively with the Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App? I am running a Dell XPS 8900 desktop computer with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 (build 17134), system type is x64, with a i7-6700CPU @ 4.00GHz processor, and Bios v 2.2.1...
  8. Microsoft windows 10 photo app.

Microsoft windows 10 photo app.: I would like to use the music called "Sundays" in Microsoft windows 10 photo app. Where can I get a copy of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-photo-app/99343871-eac3-46bf-bb76-fc4fd336f429
  9. Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app: Hi My Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app won't let me use my touchpad to select items, does anyone know how to fix it? I'm currently using the tab button to move around....
  10. Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10: Windows 10 users on the Windows Insider Fast ring can take an early peek at a visual reworking of the Photos app which ditches the hamburger menu navigation and offers a cleaner look and feel. It’s not clear yet whether this change marks a wholesale move away from the...