Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to upgrade/activate Windows 10 Pro that I purchased through the Microsoft Store for my Acer Aspire Laptop that had come with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VictorRamos2, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade/activate Windows 10 Pro that I purchased through the Microsoft Store for my Acer Aspire Laptop that had come with Windows 10 Home OEM installed.

I am able to download the files and Windows performs the upgrade after a couple of minutes and a reboot. However, following the reboot it shows that Windows 10 isn't activated. In addition when viewing the Windows version it shows as Windows 10 Enterprise??? Obviously, the digital license for the Win10 Pro upgrade will not activate a version other than pro.

I am wondering if the files downloaded from the store are corrupt or downloading the incorrect files?

Thank you and I appreciate any help/insight in resolving the issue.

Victor

:)

VictorRamos2, Dec 23, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pro Upgrade

2. Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a notebook bought with windows 10 home OEM license and I want to upgrade my license to windows 10 pro. Is there way to do this without buying a new windows 10 pro license? I mean, I just want that my license migrate from windows 10 home OEM to windows pro....
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails with the following message "Unable to upgrade your edition We can't activate Windows on the device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. 0x80070490" So I tried to upgrade...
  4. Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: My current laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T490 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I went to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the upgrade and installed it at which point the computer gave error code 0x80070005. I restarted and said "Applying updates"....
  5. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store: what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation....
  6. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store: Hi, I brought the Windows 10 Pro off the Microsoft store, after buying to upgrade nothing happened, after restart my Windows now tells me it is no longer activated and to go to activate Windows, troubleshooting does nothing, signing in and out does nothing, restarting again...
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store: I downloaded Win 10 pro from Microsoft Store ... Got help to instore.... But day or so after I lost a drive and must have put my computer back to Windows Home..... How can I get back to Windows 10 Pro.......
  9. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro: I literally just got my dell inspiron today and I have spent the entire day trying to follow steps to upgrade the home OS to pro. There is no option to upgrade it. I have reinstalled the OS twice and I'm really getting tired of the tutorials and forums online not helping. I...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....