Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where does Microsoft post information about Driver installation error codes? It is difficult to resolve issues when the information is so difficult to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by I Facilitator, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...

Where does Microsoft post information about Driver installation error codes? It is difficult to resolve issues when the information is so difficult to find.

I have a MIDI device that is USB 2.0 compatible that Windows 10 Professional 64-bit will not install. The device manufacturer Roland states that the device is compatible with Windows 10. Backward USB compatibility is assured by Microsoft. The Microsoft Surface-Book 2, which offers USB 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible, yet driver installation using Windows compatibility mode does not overcome the issue. All firmware drivers and OS updates are current. No BIOS issues noted. Windows Security does not block driver installation- the application is listed among others permitted through firewall. Microsoft TechNet resources do not address this specific driver installation error code.

Suggestions appreciated.

:)

I Facilitator, Apr 6, 2021
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Are you sure you read the whole tutorial? You can see this in Part Three, step 3.1:

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error... [​IMG]

... and then starting from step 3.2 the instructions about how to make it bootable.

Kari, Apr 6, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...

W1zzard, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error...

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit- Attempted driver installation generates error... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Professional bit

2. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  3. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  4. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  5. My windows 10 64-bit is installing programs and drivers as 32-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 64-bit is installing programs and drivers as 32-bit: I have been facing some different BDOS's, these are listed below. IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KMODE_EXECPETION_NOT_HANDLED UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP So far i have troubleshooted my cpu and motherboard, by switching. Also i have have done a memtest on the ram. I suspect...
  6. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  7. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  9. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit: I have been trying to debug a performance issue with a legacy application at a small retail shop I support. The shop has 5 systems running Windows 10 Professional, a "server" that is 64-bit, 2 stations both 64-bit and 2 other stations both 32 bit. The shop runs a legacy...
  10. Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit: How would I determine if I have latest drivers for a Windows 10 64-bit PC? Both of my Laptops are not on the support list of Windows 10 on the Acer website. So, I need help getting the latest drivers. One computer is an Acer Aspire 5749 Series laptop and the other is an...