Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Windows7Fanx64, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen. Now, when I log back into Windows, I find that my screen is inactive, other than YouTube videos, and I have to hold Alt + Tab or left click on window to activate it again to start working within the app. No previous version not sure about 8 or 8.1 ever required this key combination or left clicking the mouse. Is this some kind of built-in security feature? Why do I need to activate the window using the methods described when I have already logged into my user account?

Please enable all windows, including the desktop for users after logging back in.

Thank you

Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity be4ed829-6907-4322-b790-400cc106e0e4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Windows7Fanx64, Sep 26, 2020
  2. CBrough92 Win User

Screen timeout after 3 minutes

I recently updated Windows 10 and the screen is turning off after 3 minutes of inactivity despite my screen timeout settings set for 2 hours when plugged in.

CBrough92, Sep 26, 2020
  3. rqbii Win User
    Screen timeout not working in Windows 10

Acer, Swift 3. Windows 10 Home edition. Version 1809. Build 17763.379. installed 1/16/2019. I followed your directions, to the letter. Troubleshooting "fixed" the extended screen timeout settings I had established met my needs, 20 minutes on battery,
    30 minutes on line power. Then I established a new, custom power plan with these screen timeout settings, made this my power plan, and rebooted. Then waited. Sure enough, ample time without the annoying screen timeout of approximately two minutes of inactivity.
    So I put the laptop in sleep mode, awoke it, and waited. Two minutes later, the screen timed out. So, no, the remedies suggested have not resolved the two minute inactivity screen timeout. It's apparent that when I use sleep mode to suspend activity,
    something in the operating system reverts to the extremely short, two minute inactivity screen timeout , essentially putting the computer back into sleep mode.

rqbii, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

1. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity - Similar Threads - Microsoft screen minute

2. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  3. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout: Since posting this back in late September, 2020, Microsoft followed up with KB4577063. I find that only YouTube videos are unresponsive after logging back in after 2 minutes of system inactivity. I used to be able to hit the Space Bar after logging back in. That is no...
  6. Inactivity Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inactivity Timeout: I have read several of the 18 pages of replies to the original question concerning the "Inactivity Timeout" setting, none of which worked for me including typing "Local Security Policy" in the search bar. I am not a fan of Win10 at all, in my humble opinion it is absolutely...
  7. [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

[SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  8. Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  9. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes: I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit solution) but i need to know what is causing the timeout. Is it a Power Setting corruption, software conflicts, etc?...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...