Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a serious problem that already made me loose work a few times. W10 seems to have total control about when will it reboot itself, as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlosAXSFerreira, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem

Hi,

I have a serious problem that already made me loose work a few times.

W10 seems to have total control about when will it reboot itself, as I can't force it to only reboot when I allow.

First of all this seems abusive behavior and on the other hand, it made me loose several times important work that I was preparing because I do not remember to go around and save everything every time just fearing that W10 will restart and end up with my open files. Also, I may have applications running to create information that I simply loose all the work they done.

How can this unacceptable behavior of W10 be stopped? This is really awful design and architecture from MS if there is no way to prevent this.

Thank you

:)

CarlosAXSFerreira, Oct 29, 2018

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem

1. Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft serious problem

2. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  3. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  4. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM: The last update messed up my system. My graphics card drivers are nowhere to be found and I can't install new drivers because your "wonderful" update made my graphics card hidden.It gets better...I can't open Device Manager so I can search for the graphics card because "App...
  6. Serious Problems With Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious Problems With Windows 10: I make my living as a business development, proposal management/development, and marketing communications consultant. I must have dependable Internet service 24 hours a day, without my computer software messing up...as Windows 10 has done since I first loaded it! When...
  7. A serious problem on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    A serious problem on windows 10: Hey, I do not know what happened, but I'm not able to open the setting on my windows 10 anymore Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem-on-windows-10/7e37d896-bb6f-4f70-aeb4-a4198f98ffed
  8. Serious problems log in with microsoft account

Serious problems log in with microsoft account: Hi, I have tried everything to log in. Let me explain: I know my PIN and my password. However, the system does not recognise them and it says that "there is an error with my PIN and it is not available". When I press to configure my PIN, the system restarts. When I have...
  9. Windows 10 Serious Problem

Windows 10 Serious Problem: Hi, I'm just gonna cut to the chase. Ive had this problem for about a week now where in the middle of doing something a fullscreen unclosable (website?) Pops up where i can move the mouse around but not click on anything. Nothing has worked to get rid of it except completely...
  10. Seriously Microsoft??

in Windows 10 Support
    Seriously Microsoft??: Service contract have always been in place for software, be that OS and/or apps. Generally along the line of indemnifying the company: provider/seller is not responsible for any illegal or harmful use of the product or service There had been no specifics provided for...