Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -...

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello.Issue: Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue; Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access - Cannot Reset PasswordThis issue started on Sunday... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BassCadet, May 6, 2021.

1. BassCadet Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -...

Hello.Issue: Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue; Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access - Cannot Reset PasswordThis issue started on Sunday evening, May 2nd. Today is Thursday May 6thBackground: Windows 10 came installed on my Dell XPS 15 which is approx. 20 months old. I use this laptop everyday for work and need to have admin privilege's which was not an issue until Sunday. I used my Gmail account email to setup the Microsoft account when I first got the laptop and would always sign in with a PIN I set up when I first got the laptop as new ~20 months a

:)

BassCadet, May 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 problems with Administrator account and Photos.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • Do you sign in through Microsoft/Local account on Windows 10?
    • Do you refer to the inbuilt administrator account?
    • Which file format of picture are you trying to open?

Issue: administrator.

Method: 1

If you are referring to the inbuilt administrator account, then follow the below steps.

Note: To perform the below steps, you should be signed in to the Windows 10 using Admin account (Microsoft/Loacl account you created to sign in to Windows 10).

• Sign in through your Admin account on Windows 10 (not in built administrator account).
    • Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) and click on yes on the prompted window.
    • Now enter the below command in the command prompt (Admin) window.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command prompt and reboot the computer and check if it helps.

Issue: Pictures program not supported.

Method: 1

I would suggest you to follow the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-live/photo-gallery

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 6, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 6, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -... :(

Zakin, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Sign-In Issue: Administrator Account Problems - No Admin Access -... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sign Issue

2. Major account issues! No administrator access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major account issues! No administrator access: Hi, I can sign in windows pc as admin but my user account says I'm a standard user. My daughter is considered the administrator but she cant sign in to windows 11 or access user account, The account says password protected with no prompt to enter the password....
  3. Major account issues! No administrator access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major account issues! No administrator access: Hi, I can sign in windows pc as admin but my user account says I'm a standard user. My daughter is considered the administrator but she cant sign in to windows 11 or access user account, The account says password protected with no prompt to enter the password....
  4. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  5. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  6. microsoft account sign in problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account sign in problem in windows 10: when ever i try to log in my microsoft account instead of my local account . When i click on sign in with microsoft account instead link as window open and imejet;y close setting -> accounts -> your info. I try many times but nothing is happen . Please try to resolve the...
  7. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  8. No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10: So I've had my computer for over a year and decided to search through the control panel. I came across accounts as the next tab to search through and I changed my local account's "group" from administrator to device owner thinking it would unlock more settings if i snooped a...
  9. Microsoft account have administrative access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account have administrative access?: Does logging in to my PC with my Microsoft account have administrator access? How do I know or where do I control this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-have-administrative-access/59dc5f7a-4e91-4b00-813f-d233f6c19676"
  10. Microsoft Account sign in problems Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account sign in problems Windows 10: I can not get passed the sign in page. I have also tried to log in with my microsoft account and tells me incorrect credentials. I just want to get signed in *Original Title* sing in problems...