Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems that after the last update I have lost data. I have noticed that I lost Photo folders I am not sure for other data. Thank you in advance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manos Stamatakis, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data

It seems that after the last update I have lost data. I have noticed that I lost Photo folders I am not sure for other data.

Thank you in advance

:)

Manos Stamatakis, Oct 17, 2018

2. Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, Oct 17, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Nobody99 Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data

Microsoft Rolls Out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 also collect the data now and if you want to disable the collection of the data you kind of have to run a tool like Destroy
    Windows 10 Spying every time you run the update.
    The same thing is with Windows 10 but Windows 10 makes it even harder because you have to use registry keys or some other program to disable/enable updates. So as you see can use updating Windows 10 requires you:

1. Enable updates
    2. Update
    3 Run a tool that removes the spyware
    4. Disable updates

This is a rather tedious process, wouldn't you say?

I wonder why they don't just publish the image files.

Nobody99, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Deletes

2. How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10: HiI want to sell my laptop or give it to someone, so. I want to delete and remove any personal content and data on my laptop except windows and anything related to the windowsLike when you erase an iPhone to factory defaults, any contents and personal information will be...
  3. Windows 10 update deletes all user data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update deletes all user data: Good DayWe have this issue where some windows 10 computers do an automatic update and then deletes all the user data, some software remains, but they do not work, why is this happening, this has happened over 10 times in the last 6 months, any advise?Kind Regards...
  4. Windows 10 update deletes all user data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update deletes all user data: Good DayWe have this issue where some windows 10 computers do an automatic update and then deletes all the user data, some software remains, but they do not work, why is this happening, this has happened over 10 times in the last 6 months, any advise?Kind Regards...
  5. Windows 10 update deletes all user data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. will upgrading to windows 10 to windows 11 deletes my data and personal disk drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will upgrading to windows 10 to windows 11 deletes my data and personal disk drive?: i was planning to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 and i was thinking will it delete my personal disk drive and my users and my C drive datas?...
  7. Help deleting personal data from a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help deleting personal data from a laptop: Hi! I have the laptop from the company I work for and I have sometimes used it as if personal, in particular: checking my personal email, social media accounts, download personal documents, etc. Nothing too serious to "hide" but still personal stuff. I will not continue to...
  8. Deleting personal data on w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting personal data on w10: Hi Guys My friend wants to give away her oldish laptop to Daily Mail to help scvhool children, and asked me how to delete personal data. I told him that I use the startt/settings/update & security/recovery but he reckons that does not comepletely CLEAR ALL. Any advice...
  9. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  10. Personal Data Loss as a Result of WIndows 10 Automatic Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Data Loss as a Result of WIndows 10 Automatic Update.: All this past week, I have been wondering about my loss of all of my personal data in my Dell Laptop Inspiron 3558 since Monday January 21, 2019. While attempting a system restore I noticed a time stamp indicating that there was a Windows 10 Critical Updates on 11:48:00pm on...